x

Inventory management: in person + online + invoices. Suggestions please.

I have a fashion truck, and online store; the majority of transactions are made via invoices.  My VA and I have been inadvertently overselling items.  Is there a way to track items (in real time) that are in stock?  
When I spoke with an account rep, she indicated that items that were sold through an API/square online store and register were tracked in real time - however, we were still able to oversell items. I can somewhat understand that an item could be oversold via invoice (but not if the same description was used). Have you bootstrapped anything together to make it work?

Is there an inventory management app that would help with this?  Which do you recommend, or recommend NOT using?

And, have barcode scanners helped  with managment? 

I'm feeling like I've outgrown Square 😞 😞 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi there. 

If you're selling in the Square Register app, overselling items is an intended behavior so that it doesn't prevent you from selling a returned item or inventory that was unaccounted for. 

There isn't a way that I can think of to track in stock items in real time, but hopefully one of your fellow sellers can chime in and help out. 

Message 2 of 2