x
Beta Member

Inventory tracking .... Loss damage, other... Where is this report?

hi.

I wave recently closed up for the year and I am wondering where would I find a report for loss or damage etc? there has to be accounting of this for tax purposes. Since I have put in a loss for some of the tree's there has to be some where where I can see this loss report.

Message 1 of 22
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

@oprego ;

Square Dashboard dashboard/ -  Items (From the left) - Inventory Management (to open Drop Down) -   History 

Then in this screen along the top you need to open the Adjustment Type and choose the ones that are a loss type. 

Square gives you more selections when you are decreasing inventory because of Loss, Damage, Theft etc but does not show that all here for some reason.   You can not export the file for some unknow reason which I think is dumb since if I run it for a year, I can not sort it and get it in any format that is easy to understand, or get a calculation of your total loss for the year from what I am seeing.

But I can see the report and then write everything down to add them up but cant tell how many of Item A was stolen in a year.  It lists everything that was lost and on which day or days the item were lost.   So if Item A was Lost in Dec, Aug and May..... It would be hard to tell from this report that 3 were lost throughout the year.   But I can see I lost 1 on dec 15th 2022  at 1:25 pm for example....  That is not when it was lost, just when we Noticed it was missing.  

If we could export this to a csv file I could sort it my Item Name, types of loss, SKU, GTIN or other fields to see which item or types of items were broken or missing etc.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @cashaber 👋

The report you are requesting can be found by going into your Square Dashboard and heading into Items > Inventory Management > History and once there you'll want to filter by adjustment types. If you did the recounting of your items correctly you will be able to find the correct report there. 

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 22
Beta Member

This does not exist anymore - please provide us with the report. we specifically use inventory management in order to track losses or inventory recounts, which also assists in reporting losses on taxes.  Without this, it's impossible to report.  If we are tracking it, surely you have the data, and we should be able to report on it.

Message 3 of 22
Square Champion

Best Answer

@oprego ;

Square Dashboard dashboard/ -  Items (From the left) - Inventory Management (to open Drop Down) -   History 

Then in this screen along the top you need to open the Adjustment Type and choose the ones that are a loss type. 

Square gives you more selections when you are decreasing inventory because of Loss, Damage, Theft etc but does not show that all here for some reason.   You can not export the file for some unknow reason which I think is dumb since if I run it for a year, I can not sort it and get it in any format that is easy to understand, or get a calculation of your total loss for the year from what I am seeing.

But I can see the report and then write everything down to add them up but cant tell how many of Item A was stolen in a year.  It lists everything that was lost and on which day or days the item were lost.   So if Item A was Lost in Dec, Aug and May..... It would be hard to tell from this report that 3 were lost throughout the year.   But I can see I lost 1 on dec 15th 2022  at 1:25 pm for example....  That is not when it was lost, just when we Noticed it was missing.  

If we could export this to a csv file I could sort it my Item Name, types of loss, SKU, GTIN or other fields to see which item or types of items were broken or missing etc.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Message 4 of 22
Beta Member

Thank you! A report would be so helpful if square had to actually provide us real inventory management. Urgh

Message 5 of 22
Square Champion

@oprego ;

Even if I could EXPORT the file I would be happy because I could sort and work the data to my liking.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Message 6 of 22
Beta Member

To 'export' this report:

• Highlight the entirety of the damaged/lost/theft inventory adjustments using your mouse.
  • Click COPY (CMD+C on a Mac. Ctrl+C on a PC)
  • Open a new spreadsheet
  • Select the upper left cell
  • Click PASTE (CMD+V or Ctrl+V)

To Square: Make this an exportable report please.

Message 7 of 22

Hi all - We appreciate you reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community to bring this to our attention.

I have forwarded your feedback to the Square for Retail product team. I'll reach back out to you here if they provide more info that I can share.

Thank you.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Message 8 of 22

There is no Inventory Management under Items.  Where has this been moved to?

Message 9 of 22

Hello, @NextLevelGolf,. 

We can see the inventory drop down menu located in your Square Online Dashboard here. 

Inventory.png

What specifically are you wanting to do? Are you looking for this section on the app?

We will be on the lookout for your response. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 10 of 22
Square Champion

@NextLevelGolf 

Square Dashboard > Items > Inventory Management

Inventory Management is right below Item Library after clicking Items on the Dashboard.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Message 11 of 22

No, it is not under Library. I have no Inventory Management showing up in my options.

Message 12 of 22
Square Champion

@Feedstore ;

Let me welcome you to the Square community, and below is a picture showing where this is buried in the Items page.

As you see in the photo below After being on your Square Dashboard you Select ITems on the Left.... Then you get the Below Webpage.... After Selecting Inventory Management you can Select History..... Then Adjustment types to filter.

Stock Adjustments.png

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Message 13 of 22

I do not have those item options, and apparently, I don't have permission to upload a screenshot.

Message 14 of 22

Hello @Feedstore @thedivinebubble, I am hopping in for @Candlestore. You would need to be using the Square for Retail subscription in order to see Inventory Management and history. 

Message 15 of 22

Thank you for clarifying this.

Message 16 of 22
Square Champion

@Feedstore , @thedivinebubble ,

Sorry did not know which version of Square APP you were using, POS or Retail etc.

Here is a Link to the differences between 3 versions of the Square App.  

Link : 5980-compare-square-for-retail-and-square-point-of-sale 

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Message 17 of 22

new to square...  so seriously,  I can change an item 's count due to theft,   but i have no way to run a report that would show the amount of theft?    is that an accurate statement?  I have not found a way to do this yet anyway.  I ran the Inventory history, but theft is not an option on the drop down, and it does not appear to give a total...

Message 18 of 22

Thank you for sharing your candid feedback with us @CornCrib - I hear your frustration about not having this feature at the moment, and see how important it is that you can track theft for your inventory reports. We're continuing to highlight the suggestions we receive here with our team for consideration, and we will let you know if there's any news here. 

Message 19 of 22

So are you saying that even though we mark an item as theft we are unable to see how many items we stolen or expired? I see no inventory management under items, only inventory which takes me to an inventory management page that shows no totals if loss products

Message 20 of 22

Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same frustration.

Message 21 of 22