x

Invoice issues - update customer problem

I am so happy that square has now added the ability to take multiple payments in person on an invoice. I have now started using them for my layaway items in my retail shop. However, I could not find a way of recording previous payments taken on items. When I want to record a payment previously taken through square it would only let me record something that paid off the invoice. And any other choice shows up on my report as money taken today (not previously).

My next issue/bug that popped up was for an invoice I originally created under a customer that did not have an email (only a phone number). They later gave me their email and I successfully edited the customer's information to now include their email address, however the previous invoice does not acknowledge the updated information. I have to cancel the old invoice and create a new one in order to send them an email.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @Chaos_Emporium

Welcome back to the Community! I appreciate you coming back to post your questions. 

If you have a payment that was taken outside of the invoice, you have the option to record the payment so it marks the invoice as paid. I posted a screenshot of what your payment details will look like. You will select Square Point of Sale. You can't tie it to a specific transaction. 

Once the invoice has been sent, then you cannot edit any information in it - the customer information included. If you create a new invoice with that customer's name, you will see that email address populate. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2