x

Is there a setting for employees to have to log back in after every sale on the retail POS?

I have placed the setting on 30 second time out, but there used to be a setting that would log you out automatically after every sale. I am trying to set my employees up on commission and in order to do that I need to make sure that I have my settings in place to track sales correctly. I would like to not have to hit the log out button every time we process a sale. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Champion

@Seven-Boutique Yes there is a setting.  Go to settings ----> security ----> after each sale.

This will require a log in each time after a sale is cashed out.  It should be right above the setting for timeout.

If you don't see it, are you on android? or apple?

Donnie-M

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 6

Apple, I am on the Square for Retail. It has that setting for just the original Square app but I can't seem to find it for the Square for retail. 

Message 3 of 6

On the ipad, that works. How do you require a log in each time after a sale is cashed out in the square terminal A-SKU-0665? Please help 😉

Message 4 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @RobertAstor

At this time, the lowest the Retail app is able to time out is 30 seconds after a sale or after inactivity.  I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers' interest in your request.

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 6
Beta Member

We would also like to make this feature request for the same reason @Seven-Boutique stated above, to track employees sales without having to worry about them remembering to sign out. Sometimes a different employee will use the register even before the 30 seconds expires.

Message 6 of 6