x

Online sales accounting

Are the instore and online sales independent from each other accounting wise? In other words, the app combines the instore and online: should my register reflect the online sales?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi there @LHY

Yes, the stock will reflect in both platforms if an item is sold. Here is an article that goes over everything that syncs between the In Store and Online items : https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6915-square-online-store-sync

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5
Super Seller

@LHYif you need to see separate sales, you can create a custom report and choose which sales channel you want to track. Online Store, Register, Store, etc. You can then run this report for a specific time period and see your sales by different sources.

Message 3 of 5

So if the online is its own entity, should I collect taxes from every state? And how do I set that up? Currently it just collects for the state my brick and motor is in.

Message 4 of 5
Super Seller

@LHY wrote:

So if the online is its own entity, should I collect taxes from every state? And how do I set that up? Currently it just collects for the state my brick and motor is in.

You would only collect the sales taxes for the current state that your brick and mortar is located in.

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 5 of 5