x
Beta Member

Pickup Delivery Changes from Sidebar to How to Get It? Customers cant order.

Hi - The pickup and delivery options have changed this week and are not working on my website.  Now BEFORE adding an item to the cart, a new section comes up titled "How to get it" and my customer has to choose Delivery or Store Pickup.  They have to scroll through 20 Pickup Locations (mine are schools not even store pickups) even though the item is only available at 1 Pickup Locations.  And the system just spins when they enter a local delivery address.

In the event they are able to add an item to the cart, which is not very often 😞

the Sidebar Cart comes up and they can switch between Delivery and Pickup, only now there is only the ONE location available for pickup, which is how it has been for the past 2 months.

I am a seasonal business and I have about 20 more days of order taking.  I am counting on sales now to keep my business alive.  This feature was just added and now my customers cannot order.  The pickup and delivery were already confusing enough with the system generate date (we are a pre-order fundraiser with single delivery dates e.g. the day before Thanksgiving).

I have called so many times over the past few days and the support people have been great but this issue has not been resolved.  Every day I lose sales means I am more and more likely not to survive.  I am at a loss 😞 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Thanks for posting about this, @ChrisRNF - sorry to hear it's causing you some trouble. Did you change your shop page from the Shop All template to the Online Order template? That popup is something that existed for a while, but I think it's only actually used when your are using the Order Online page.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 2 of 8
Beta Member

Hi Adam - we’ve been pre-ordering fundraiser items since sept 1 and have had hundreds of orders.  Did not change anything and this just started happening at the end of last week.  We switched from weebly to square earlier this year to be able to get pickup and local delivery. This weekend I  removed local delivery because my customers could not place orders.   Changed to shipping and asking them to only ship to local addresses.  I just need to get through 3 more weeks of order taking 

Message 3 of 8
Admin

Has using that work-around been working okay for you?

Adam
Message 4 of 8
Beta Member

Its OK for now, but when we start our next phase of fundraising in January I'll need a better system.  I do not want the "How to get it" to pop up before the customer is allowed to add to the cart.  Since Sept 1, the customer has selected and changed their fulfillment method (pickup, delivery, or shipping) in the sidebar menu cart which has worked just fine.  Now I have this How to get it section that is confusing, and is not working with Local Delivery for me.

Its OK to have them choose Shipping and tell them to only ship local for the flat local delivery fee, but I already had one customer ship outside the "local" area and I'll either have to contact them for more $ for shipping or just take the loss.

We dont use the Shop All we just have a Standard Landing Page for each School and then the go from that Landing Page to the Item Page to order.  You can take a look www.RebeccasNutFree.com 

Chris 

Message 5 of 8
Admin

I see what you mean. That's quite a big list of pickup locations to scroll through. An option to hide locations that are "sold out" would be a nice feature addition, or as an alternative an option to sort them so in-stock locations are at the top of the list.

Adam
Message 6 of 8
Beta Member

Yes the sidebar shopping cart knows to only show the pickup location that the item is available at but the How to get it section just shows all active locations.   Since we do school fundraisers each fundraiser has its own pickup location.  

Message 7 of 8
Admin

There isn't a way right now to remove those unless you actually delete the location in Square, something you definitely wouldn't want to do since they are being used. Hopefully we'll add some more options to control how pickup locations are shown where there are a lot of them.

Adam
Message 8 of 8