x
Square Community Moderator

Square's March Product Launches

March was a month full of madness, as we’ve added a bunch of awesome features that can help you with running your business.

Highlights from last month's releases include faster processing of chip cards with the Square Contactless and Chip Card Reader (now reading chips in about 3 seconds) and also the ability to print receipts from the Virtual Terminal.

CardDipping_123FAST_3.gif

Here’s a quick list of the features that have been rolled out for our Square Sellers.

Check out our blog post for more details: The Hottest New Features We Launched in March

Tipping in Square Point of Sale now allows you to choose to calculate tips before or after taxes.

Square for Retail Checkout now supports external keyboards for faster searching within the item library.

Square Payroll now supports 1099 contractors, making it easier to pay 1099 contractors as well as W-2 employees.

Email Collection enables sellers to add a screen after checkout in the Point of Sale app for buyers to sign up for your mailing list. You can also provide a direct link to share on social media and your websites.

Coupons and Square Marketing promotions can now be included on your email and SMS receipts, increasing the visibility and reach of your promotions.

Square Appointments App has been updated to include a week view of your appointments for easier viewing of availability and appointment management.

As always, if you’ve used these features already we’d love to hear any feedback you might have and how it’s been working for you!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Super Seller Alumni

This is why we LOVE Square!

Message 2 of 14

And when will appear tax  breakdown on receipts? This is legal feature that is essential. 

Message 3 of 14

Will the square stand work with the new ipads (generation 5)?

Message 4 of 14

Will the square stand work with the new ipad seems to be the $25,000 question. I've asked customer service three times and they still say they are researching the answer.

Message 5 of 14
Super Seller Alumni

I just saw a thread where someone from Square confirmed that their latest stands ARE compatible with the new iPads (Fifth gen.)

Message 6 of 14
Super Seller

Message 7 of 14
Super Seller Alumni

I just want to say kudos to the team behind the Square Contactless Chip reader.  That thing is FAST.  I still marvel at how long it takes POS readers at many 'big box' retailers to get me on my way when paying by chipped card.  Thank you!

Message 8 of 14

Still not included the simplest and essentially needed field for Cost of Goods in Inventory Management? Can not fathom how that is not included.  And no, I do not want to pay for an add-on just to have this basic functionality.

Message 9 of 14

@Dana3 Thanks for the feedback. 

At the moment, as you alluded to, Cost of Goods reporting is only available in the Square for Retail and Inventory Plus bundle. 

This is a request we get a lot, so I agree that it would be helpful for non-Retail sellers to have access to this. 

I'll be sure to let our Product Team know that you're interested in this as well. 

If we make any changes, we'll be sure to update everyone. 

Message 10 of 14

How do I fund out what bundle my shop os opperating on?  Currently we can add inventory but there is no begining date in reports.  For example, on April 1st 36 Pomades added, to date sales 24, current inventory 12, reorder at 9. 

Message 11 of 14

@UrbanShaveSD I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. Can you provide more clarification on what you're trying to do or which report you're trying to view? 

Message 12 of 14

Hi, Its what you mentioned in earlier post  (Cost of Goods reporting is only available in the Square for Retail and Inventory Plus bundle.)  I guess what I'm asking is what is an Inventory Plus bundle?

Message 13 of 14

@UrbanShaveSD Thanks for clarifying!

The Square for Retail bundle includes Inventory Plus, which is a more robust, advanced inventory management and inventory reporting tool than what is offered with the normal Square Point of Sale inventory management system. 

You can read more on the Inventory Plus features in this Support Center article:

Inventory Plus

Message 14 of 14