x

Unresponsive button presses

Hello, I'm using Square for Retail on a Square Register. When I press things on the touch screen sometimes it doesn't register a button press. I have to press multiple times till it finally goes through. Sometimes it works first time. It used to work really responsively and quick on older firmware. Pretty sure this is a software issue. Not sure if I should suggest this as a feature request or if it will ever get worked on. Anybody else have the same experience?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hello there @ndixon

Have you tried our Square Register troubleshooting guide?

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Nothing in the troubleshooting guide specifically fixes the thing I'm experiencing. I've factory resetted our register multiple times. The earlier software that is installed when I factory reset is snappy and always registers my button presses but whenever I update to the most current software it slows down a little bit and starts dropping my button presses. It's not a huge problem but it is annoying and wastes small amounts of time throughout the day.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for letting us know those steps did not resolve this @ndixon! Can you provide a video of what you are experiencing, you can upload it here. What retail app version is your Square Register on? 

Message 4 of 4