x

Vending Events

HI, Everyone thank you for this great opportunity to participate in a forum.  I have a question?  How does one participate or locate good vending events? HOw do I tell a good vending event from a bad vending event?  How can I tell if it's a fraudulent vending event?   I am new to my business and the only vending event I have so far is on in Wayfair and the blueberry festival.  thank you for your help in helping a veteran small business. 

Jeanette C Jordan
Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hello @JJordan318 and thanks for your question. And welcome to the Square Community...we're glad you're here!

As far as finding good, reputable vending events there are several ways to go about this.

1. First, try to network with other business who participate in vending events. You may have better chance in striking up a dialog with a vendor who does not "compete" with your product, but try to ask what events in which they always participate. Established vendors know what shows and events are good sources of sales traffic and are run by reputable persons or organizations.
  2. If you hear about a craft or vending show, BEFORE you send someone any money, contact the hosting venue to see if indeed a show is scheduled, and if they have any contact info for who is running the show. If they don't know anything about it, or the contact name is different...BEWARE.
  3. Do you sell online on Etsy or any Facebook groups? If so, they often have networking associations where you can email and post questions about selling at vending events.
  4. The BEST indicator of whether a show is good or not, is the number of repeat/returning vendors. Ask the organizing what percentage of vendors return each year. The best local shows will be well known, with the highest percentage of returning vendors, and often end up with a waiting list because spots fill up quickly.
  5. Beware any event from a "first-time" organizer, or a show in a new location. If the cost is relatively inexpensive and your schedule allows it, you could try it out, but go into it with your eyes open and if I doesn't pan out, try to learn from the show/experience.

When you start doing shows, strike up a conversation with your fellow vendors. Ask they about other shows they go to because they will love to talk about not only GREAT shows....but the BAD ones as well.

Best of luck to you! It's certainly an exciting adventure isn't it?! Remember we're glad you're here and stop back in the Square Community anytime you have a question or just need to get some business advice. Your fellow sellers are here to help.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hello @JJordan318 and thanks for your question. And welcome to the Square Community...we're glad you're here!

As far as finding good, reputable vending events there are several ways to go about this.

1. First, try to network with other business who participate in vending events. You may have better chance in striking up a dialog with a vendor who does not "compete" with your product, but try to ask what events in which they always participate. Established vendors know what shows and events are good sources of sales traffic and are run by reputable persons or organizations.
  2. If you hear about a craft or vending show, BEFORE you send someone any money, contact the hosting venue to see if indeed a show is scheduled, and if they have any contact info for who is running the show. If they don't know anything about it, or the contact name is different...BEWARE.
  3. Do you sell online on Etsy or any Facebook groups? If so, they often have networking associations where you can email and post questions about selling at vending events.
  4. The BEST indicator of whether a show is good or not, is the number of repeat/returning vendors. Ask the organizing what percentage of vendors return each year. The best local shows will be well known, with the highest percentage of returning vendors, and often end up with a waiting list because spots fill up quickly.
  5. Beware any event from a "first-time" organizer, or a show in a new location. If the cost is relatively inexpensive and your schedule allows it, you could try it out, but go into it with your eyes open and if I doesn't pan out, try to learn from the show/experience.

When you start doing shows, strike up a conversation with your fellow vendors. Ask they about other shows they go to because they will love to talk about not only GREAT shows....but the BAD ones as well.

Best of luck to you! It's certainly an exciting adventure isn't it?! Remember we're glad you're here and stop back in the Square Community anytime you have a question or just need to get some business advice. Your fellow sellers are here to help.

Message 2 of 4

Mr. Charlie

God Bless you and thank you for your wisdom.  I needed that.  I do so many things. I sell jewelry, I created wood word crafts and I'm an Artist and do abstract paintings.  So I am eager to learn how to do things correctly.  thank you again for your knowledge. 

Jeanette C Jordan
Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

You're very welcome! We love sharing and supporting each other in the Square Community! Remember, keep at this...you GOT THIS! Keep making...and happy selling!

Message 4 of 4