x

new gift / wrapping option

Curious why this functionality was set up per item, and isn't an option in the checkout pages. It seems like very clunky end-user functionality - I've never seen a gift message option embedded into each item, and I believe many customers won't even see this option as it's on the bottom of the item description. Generally, the customer would select gift wrapping on the checkout page, and would also add a gift message that applies to the entire order.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

HI, I agree that is a good point but also, I agree with each item needing it.  My other website is personalized gifts.  A person could possibly purchase 3 different items, needing 3 different personalization, needing all 3 or just 1 for gift wrap service.  Then it works wonderfully.  I do not offer gift services because my supplier does not offer gift services on dropship items.

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Resale Collection - http://bit.ly/HangerHues

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 3

Yes, for sure this makes sense for items that need personalization.  It doesn't make sense to me when using it with what it seems to be set up for, which is entering in a gift note for an order. You can only send an order to one shipping address, so no need for multiple gift notes. And generally for wrapping you would check mark the items you want wrapped in the cart summary. Just my feedback that the end-user experience is not clear for this usage and I believe many of our customers won't even see the gift note option and will continue putting it in the 'note to seller' which from my understanding doesn't print out on the packing slip.

Message 3 of 3