x

Can I apply a discount for eGift Cards?

I would like to be able to apply a Discount option for our eGift Cards.  We are able to create a discount and apply it to gift cards in store but there isn't an option for online.  This option will be huge for upcoming holidays.  Has anyone been able to do this?

Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @LuckyBird

You might've already noticed, but you should now have the ability to apply promotional discounts to gift cards!

I remembered that you were interested in this feature, so I was excited to find out about this and deliver the news. 

We'll likely be posting a Product Update for this as well with more details, but if you need information before then check out this Support Center article: 

Offer eGift Card Promotions

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @LuckyBird

Unfortunately eGift Cards don't yet support discount codes outright.

This would be a great feature to have for the holidays, so I'll definitely pass this request on to our Gift Cards team and see if I can dig up any news on it. 

If anything comes along I'll chime back in with an update. 

Message 2 of 9

Awesome thank you!

Message 3 of 9

Best Answer

Hi @LuckyBird

You might've already noticed, but you should now have the ability to apply promotional discounts to gift cards!

I remembered that you were interested in this feature, so I was excited to find out about this and deliver the news. 

We'll likely be posting a Product Update for this as well with more details, but if you need information before then check out this Support Center article: 

Offer eGift Card Promotions

Message 4 of 9

Thats awesome!  Thank you, it works great!

May I suggest that you offer a "start date" for promotional codes?  You have an "end date" but no start date.  Either way, thank you for making this available!

Scott

Message 5 of 9

@pessosices @LuckyBird Glad we were able to get this rolled out for you. 

That's an excellent feedback point that our Gift Card team would love to hear more about. 

I'll pass the request along to them, and be sure to check out the official thread and voice your feedback there as well. Our Gift Card team has their eyes on that thread specifically 😉

Offer discounts and promo codes for eGift Cards

Message 6 of 9

Edit: I found the instructions you posted. Thanks

Message 7 of 9
Super Seller Alumni

Hey @TeamMechKillers - Just make sure you're creating the Discount Code directly in the settings for eGift Cards. There are a bunch of different places you can create discount codes, so it can get a little confusing.

Here's the direct link to the spot:

https://squareup.com/dashboard/gift-cards/electronic/promotions

It's the bottom section, Promotion Codes

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 8 of 9
Super Seller Alumni

Also a big fan of this!

Would also love an End Date (and start date) for the non-code-based promotion. I'd love to be able to schedule a straight up discount for a certain period of time without customers needing a discount code.

Thanks!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 9 of 9