x

Square Register API: callback URL query string

The iOS app I'm using to integrate the Square Register API can only access certain query string parameters in the callback URL. I can't access the "data" parameter passed back from Square Register. Is there anyway to change that parameter? Valid parameters for this app are either "param" or anything that starts with a "$" (i.e. "$data").

Thanks!

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

I have no new insights, but more information and links on the solution I created is here: https://community.filemaker.com/message/579870

View Best Answer >

Message 8 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square

Thanks for the post. I'm going to sync with our API Team, and then follow up with you shortly!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 8
Square

Thanks for your patience, I did hear back from our API Team. According to them, there is no way to change the name of the query parameter.

They were curious what you mean't when you said "the app I'm using can only accept 'param' or any text preceded by a '$'".

Hope this helps! 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 3 of 8

I have a POS system/database developed in Filemaker Pro and running in Filemaker Go on an iPad. So the platform is far removed from the compiled code.

I figured neither Square nor FMI could provide a solution, so I wrote a small iOS app that simply receives the callback from Square, remaps the “data” parameter to “param” (what FMGo wants) and calls FMGo. 

Message 4 of 8
Square

Thanks for that info! I've have passed it along to our team, I'll update you when I get more information for you. 

Message 5 of 8
Square

Our Developer Team said it sounds like you figured out a good workaround. Feel free to comment with any other questions! 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 6 of 8

I will be starting to develop my own FM Go app to streamline our workflow and I was hoping to find out if anyone has any new developments or solutions that work for integrating Square Register into the FileMaker Apps.

Message 7 of 8

Best Answer

I have no new insights, but more information and links on the solution I created is here: https://community.filemaker.com/message/579870

Message 8 of 8