x

Does Square Appointments offer double booking?

Beta Member

Does Square Appointments offer double booking?

I'm a hairstylist and regularly 'power' or 'double' book my clients during haircolor services to maximize my schedule and earnings.  For example, I schedule my highlight & haircut service at 3 hours:  this gives me an hour to highlight, one hour for the client to process, and the last hour for the cut and blowdry.  During that hour of processing time, I schedule another client for a color and/or cut service.  Is this something that can be done with Square Appointments?  So far, it looks like if a client books me for a highlight & cut at noon, I'd be unavailible for any other bookings until 3pm...  I need to show availibity for a 1pm appt.

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Double Booking Appointments

Hi there @jjohnstone 👋

We introduced the processing time feature last year, which enables your clients to book appointments during your down time.

You can learn more about how this works here, but be sure to let me know if this isn't what you were looking for!

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community!

Verified Answer

Re: Square Appointments: How do I book clients in between processing time?

Kinda tricky.

The service duration + the block time for the service has to be less than the processing time. It gets complicated if both services have processing time. It has to puzzle together perfectly in order to work. 

It could also be be the calendar settings for when times can be booked. Typically we suggest setting the processing time to  According to service duration within Appts Dashboard > Settings > Calendar & Booing > Appointments are scheduled. 

@Hannahchristine

162 Comments
Square Community Moderator

@RebelFemmeSalon We appreciate the feedback here. 

This has been one of the more popular requests when it comes to appointment booking. Hopefully our Product Team can get something implemented in the near future that works for you. 

I need to have clients book appointments for several days if need be in a row for pet sitting. How can I do this?

Admin

Hey @SunnyslopePS, welcome and thanks for getting in touch!

It sounds like you'll want to create a personal event for this. Find more details in this article: Create a Personal Event on Your Square Appointments Calendar.

If this doesn't quite hit the mark, can you provide a little more information on what this needs to look like? We'll keep an eye out for your response. 🙂

No. I need it to where the customer can pick a number of days when booking an appointment. Like if they need april 1st thru april 30th 

Square

Hi again @SunnyslopePS. We don't currently offer this functionality, but I can definitely see how this would make sense for you business. A customer can make multiple appointments, but an appointment can't be longer than 24 hours.  We'll pass along the suggestion to our product liaison team! 

Count us in as another vendor really wanting this feature. We handle our payments with Square but can't switch to Square Appointments without this. It's a must have feature for a salon.

I have plenty of services to choose from and can accomidate many of them at the same time. Lets say I have a party of 2 to come into the studio at 2pm and I have a party of 4 that want the same time, and I can accomidate them, how can I let them book the same time slot?

Admin

@PorchPotteryfl At this time you can book overlapping sessions for your customers from your Square Dashboard — but your customers will not able to do this from the Appointments online booking tool. 

I've moved your post to this thread as we're actively tracking this feature request with our Product Liaison team. I definitely see how this would be useful for your business! 

If you have any other questions feel free to create a new post! 

PS Welcome to the Seller Community! 🎉

We also would love this feature! We are in the process of switching over to square appoinments and without this feature booking appointments with square is difficult.

Has this feature been added yet? I see requests going through 2016 and 2017. I was very excited to use Square for all of the needs of my new salon but this would be a deal breaker 😕