x

Beating a Dead Horse but it needs to be: Preauthorization

Beta Member

Beating a Dead Horse but it needs to be: Preauthorization

We need to be able to preauthorize credit cards when running a tab. Period.  We really enjoyed the low buy in and easy menu development and a couple of the other features, but a bar/restaurant needs to be able to run a tab and preauthorize a credit card.  I've gone back and looked at conversations about it and it appears that this has been a CONSTANT request by users that has gone ignored.

I'd like to know why it isn't available.

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Beating a Dead Horse but it needs to be: Preauthorization

It IS FOR SURE COMING!! 🙂 they’re running beta testing on it now, so hang in there, I almost switched, glad I didn’t because I really do like the company but this definitely has been and issue that’s cost me hundreds of $$. Hopefully testing goes well and it rolls out soon 🙂

698 Comments

I agree. Rental business and garbage removal pre authorizing is a must for us. I have been waiting and waiting but might have to go with another company. 

I also need this feature for a rental business. Please implement.

Alumni

Thanks for your feedback @Hall0226 & @SilverTH! We'll be sure to flag this with our product team again. 

I totally agree with you. 55531-200.png

I just switched over from Quickbooks, literally just created my first two invoices.. While I was excited to start using square, I'm quickly becoming very disappointed. There are times where I have to take a refundable deposit, and just found out I cannot do that. Taking a deposit and having the money come out of my customers account, then refunding is not an option!! Am I going to have to go back to Quickbooks?!

Hi, we are very interested if you can do so.... Please let us know

Hello @OUTKAST_MIX,  currently this is a feature request that we're looking into. I'll make sure your voice is heard by our Invoices Team! 

Amen!!! WE are in the same boat. We own 2 bars, and would love to use the square POS systems. We haven't made that switch due to their lack of preauth capabilites, as well. 

We would really love to see the PreAuthorization of Credit Cards implemented by square!!!

We are a property managment company and would like to use the square to take holding deposits. 

the holding deposits would then be returned to the client if they decide to not sign an application. 

Can I run a card and not charge a customer until I am ready to take their deposit. 

This could be days/weeks. 

and sometimes we don't take a deposit.