x

I'm receiving "Screen overlay detected" prompt on my android device.

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hey @Tight-lines, welcome to the Seller Community! 🤜  🤛 

I can help with this. When ever you see the the error Screen Overlay Detected you will need to disable this setting. To do so: 

• Open Settings on your device.
  • Visit your Apps section. 
  • Select the Draw over other apps menu, toggle the Permit Drawing Over Other Apps off for those Apps. 

You should be set after this. Please let me know if you still need help. 😀

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Best Answer

Hey @Tight-lines, welcome to the Seller Community! 🤜  🤛 

I can help with this. When ever you see the the error Screen Overlay Detected you will need to disable this setting. To do so: 

• Open Settings on your device.
  • Visit your Apps section. 
  • Select the Draw over other apps menu, toggle the Permit Drawing Over Other Apps off for those Apps. 

You should be set after this. Please let me know if you still need help. 😀

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Message 2 of 4

I am just trying to turn on permission to use the headphone jack but Square is not showing up amongst the apps in the screen overlay menu. How do I turn it off?

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

@Brandonwleger What type of device did you have?

Have you tried reinstalling the app?

You might need to visit your devices support center to see if there's a specific action you need to take to give apps microphone access. 

Message 4 of 4