x

Mastercard payments declined. Card info is correct

MasterCard payments are being decliend, but card information is up to date and has been used before. Anyone else experiencing difficulty with MasterCard payments? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @eidsone

While I can't speak to the payment specifics, MasterCard is a compatible payment card with Square, so the declines wouldn't be related to the card issuer. 

Banks don't give us the exact reason for the decline, so the best thing to do would be to have your customer contact the card issuing bank to inquire about why the decline is happening. 

Message 2 of 7

Thank you!!

Message 3 of 7
Square Community Moderator

You're welcome @eidsone

Let me know if you run into any more trouble 🙂

Message 4 of 7

NVM 

Message 5 of 7

YES!  This is the second time in a matter of weeks that I'm having issues.  I go to put the card number in to add it to the customer's proflie and it won't got to the next screen to add the expiration date.  Last time, it just resolved on its own but it was a few days later and I had not done anything different.

Message 6 of 7

@Afrancis0608 that's super weird! We're you adding the card to their profile during a sale or on the Customer Directory tab on the app? Also after entering the card number did it turn red and shake? 

Message 7 of 7