x
Square

Welcome New Members! October 21st

Happy Friday everyone! Hope you've had a productive and successful week. Before you head out for the weekend I wanted to welcome some of our new, active members from the past week. Feel free to say hello and tell us a little bit about yourself and/or your business. Open to all members whether you're tagged below or not! 

Welcome, 

@amitramani

@blinddogart

@Heidi1

@kb0wwp

@ksienk

@OldFox

@SPSInc

@susiejohnson65

@tammycole

@ThatPokeJoint

@thebagelmeister

Thanks for joining, see ya around! 

-Spenser

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Thank you @Spenser for the warm welcome. I am relatively new to the Square community. So far, I can proudly say this is one of the most friendly and helpful communities. 

Every time I post a question, some member of the community responds promptly and courteously (That is not the case in some other Seller communities. It can get downright hostile sometimes if the question is deemed to be obvious).

In fact, the Square Seller Community is an asset of Square that is rare to find in other solutions. (I use Stripe and Amazon as well). 

I have been receiving correct answers and guidance for all my questions, for which I am very grateful! Thank you and keep up the good work. I will try my best to contribute back to the community.

Message 2 of 9
Square

Wow, thanks for the kind words, @amitramani. I'm excited that the Community has been a helpful and friendly resource for you; that's just what we like to hear!

Thanks again for sharing and let us know if you need a hand with anything. Looking forward to your contributions as well.

Message 3 of 9

Good Afternoon @Spenser

The square community has been very great and helpful from what I have seen.  The POS system that Square has created is very simple to use and very innovative in comparision to a traditional register.  Im glad that your team is engaging with your user base and promoting a culture that is positive and helpful.

Well about myself.  My name is Philip Men and I am currently in the process of getting my food truck business up.  I come from a background in hospitality and this is my first venture in any sort of business.  My truck will service the LA area and its surrounding cities.  

This is definitely a leap of faith and I hope things work out for the best.

Message 4 of 9
Super Seller Alumni

@ThatPokeJoint You'll love Square just as well all do. Welcome aboard and good luck with your Food Truck Business.

Message 5 of 9

I am a pyschotherapist and have a private practice in 2 locations.  I want to use hte square appointments to make my life easier and help my clients to get the appointments that they need and to cut down the need to collect the no show/late cancellation fee.  So far the no show rate has improved yet and collecting the late fee has gotten easier.  The difficult part is reminding the clients to schedule their next appointments from home.  I look forward to this improving! 

Message 6 of 9

I Ordered my square Oct. 13th, I thought I had everything set up, only waiting for the product to be delievered. It is 10-25 and still not here, I tried to call the service number, and I have no idea what my customer code is...I really need help. I have a festival on Saturday the 29th. Anyone can help???

Message 7 of 9
Square

Sorry to hear about the reader, @CyndiRussell. Check out some options in our Support Center - if necessary, you can pick one up locally and we'll reimburse you! 

In regards to locating your Customer Code, Sean details the steps in this thread. Hope that helps, let me know if you run into any more trouble. 

Message 8 of 9

I am in the exact situation you are - with a grand opening on 10/29.  By following this step I found the customer code:  go to square.com/code, then sign in.  Once you give the select the area for the question you have (which mine was "general), then the customer code came up.    I did reach a representative and was told that I can go to Best Buy, CVS or other retail stores and purchase a "Square Reader" for $10.00.  Then there is a redemption code process -instructions on the purchased reader-that I will be able to enter online and receive a credit for the $10.00.   Sure hope this helps you get up and running.    My problem fix isn't so easy.  The previous owners used a different system and the android tablet I have apparently isn't compatible with the Square App. 😞

Message 9 of 9