x

How do i customize an item to reduce its price before checkout?

Hello.. newbie here. I have several wedding photography packages i want to sell during a trade show. The item includes say 8 hours coverage and an engagement session. Let's say a customer wants to book this package but make changes to it, like choose 7 hours instead of 8 and delete the engagement.

- Is there a way to customize an item to reduce/change its price before checkout? (I know Modifiers can only Add to the price not substract from it)

- Or do i book that package but add a general discount?

- Or do i have to create a new item with the custom request? (time consuming)

Appreciate your help

Zach

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller Alumni

You can do a few things.  You will have to figure out what works best for you.

I would individually price my items

Each session hour is $X

Engagement Session is $X

Print is $X

and you get a $X or X% discount when you by all three.

Then if they change something if you do a % discount the discount would adjust accordingly.

Or you could create a $0 item with a generic name.  This will allow you to enter the price at the time of sale and then in the item notes, you can enter the details of what they are getting.

Or you can create a Discount with no amount.  This will allow you to enter the discount amount at the time of sale.

Message 2 of 3

I think the fastest way to do it is as you suggested to add a discount % or $ tot eh total and just add a note with the updated item details. This way i can use my notes when managing th project in Tave. Thanks!

Message 3 of 3