x

Contactless reader worked initially, but now will not pair w/my device

I bought a wireless contactless+chip reader last week and after initially getting it paired to my phone through the Square app and  successfully used it to make transactions the first day I tried, then, next day, it mysteriously stopped working and all of my transactions had to be entered manually (which costs more per transaction). Ever since, I've been trying -- unsuccessfully -- to re-pair my device to the reader and it simply will not. I've read all the tutorials and tried everything, even the force restart. Do I need to return the reader? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Similar problem. After using successfully a number of times with my iPhone X, at the checkout page I get a continuous orange bar at the top saying “Connecting with device” but it never does. I went through all the troubleshooting steps and more, but nothing works. Reader is not under warranty.

Message 2 of 6
Alumni

Hi @robertfelkerart and @ArGiEs - Sorry to hear about your issues with your readers! If the troubleshooting steps didn't work for you, I recommend reaching out to our Support team who can help you determine whether a replacement is necessary.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 3 of 6

@puka @ArGiEs Magically, my reader paired up w/my device and appears to be working. I don't know why or how it started working again, so we'll see how it goes next time I need to use it for sales.

Message 4 of 6

I am having the same problem. It worked all day until my last client and now it flashes orange then won't connect. I've turned my ipad off and on and nothing is helping.

Message 5 of 6
Alumni

Oh no @courtk! Have you tried these troubleshooting tips? You might try force restarting it. 

Message 6 of 6