x

Need Additional Square Capital

I wanted to check about additional Square Capital. We have paid off our 4th loan from you and have yet to receive an additional Capital offer. We weren't in dire need of an additional loan, and we were willing to wait until another offer was made in the future, but that was before Irma hit our state. Many people here do not have power or even considering buying anything except the bare essentials. We are open for business now, but could really use a lifeline to hold us over until things get back to normal here.

We have been a loyal Square user for 3.5 years now and have recommended your service to many people. During our time with you, we have not had a single chargeback. We average 500 transactions a month with only a 3.5% return rate. All 4 previous Capital plans were paid off without a single issue.

As I said, we have been loyal to you, and we are hoping you can help us out during this trying time down here.

P.S. I sent this email to Square Customer Service who replied back the following:

"At this time, another offer is not available for your account. We can't guarantee that another offer will be extended before the current plan is complete or immediately upon completion. Also, there isn't a set completion percentage where another offer is automatically extended. Just know that your account is continually re-evaluated to determine if you’re eligible to receive another loan."

Since my last Square Capital plan was already paid in full, and we do not currently have an existing loan, it's obvious they didn't actually review our account - which is disappointing. 

Message 1 of 64
63 REPLIES 63

I am in the same boat. I am in good standing with square. Paid my first loan off early. Got a offer and Hours later I was denied and no one will give me answers. I will be moving my business to PayPal. This is ridiculous. 

Message 43 of 64

I received a loan for [Personal Information Redacted] MY LOAN WAS PAID BACK IN FULL 04/26/18 all these posts about offers not being extended are kinda scaring me thinking of switching to pay pal as I'm doing over a [Personal Information Redacted] in 3 months 

Message 44 of 64

I can't speak to your exact situation, but nothing has changed for us. We paid back our 4th loan last August and have not had an offer for additional Capital. We have an impeccable record with Square, but they have cut off all loan offers for our company without an explanation as to why.

I actually don't resent them for not wanting to provide information on the loan qualification requirements. Financial loans are always tricky when it comes to regulations. Like others, I just wish they would have said that things were changing to a stricter qualification process so their merchants could plan accordingly.

Message 45 of 64

Guys, I am not sure what type f business you have or how fast you pay off your loans, but I received the offer for a new capital loan and was able to process that last month. So all of the stuff I have been hearing about them not loaning any more or just loaning first time, it is just not true. They were very nice and made it very easy for me. Now I have been in business for almost 8 years and had already exceeded my revenue from the past few year.

Message 46 of 64

There is not specific percentage 

Message 47 of 64

@Regina_B

@LaDora

I wanted to give an update about our status with Square Capital. As of now, we have been paid off with our last loan since August 16 without a new offer. Everything posted before is still accurate. We have good revenue, low returns, happy customers and no chargebacks in our entire history with Square. I'm glad to see there are some loans going out to members here, but there still seems to be an issue with their Capital program. I see nothing in our history that would prevent another offer, and we have never been given a reason why offers have been cut off on our account.

I'll continue to update whether an offer is made in the future so others looking for one have a point of reference.

Message 48 of 64

(I've removed my previous comment because it appears to have caused more aggrivation than enlightenment. I still stand by the opinion it contained however.)

Message 49 of 64

Where can I post a big thumbs down to your ridiculous comment!?!?

Message 50 of 64

Did you ever get an Offer

Message 51 of 64

Haha nope! I am now over a year since my last over and making way more! I am setting up Paypal this weekend and closing square 

Message 52 of 64

Offer*

Message 53 of 64

@Regina_B

@LaDora

Continuing to provide an update to this thread for reference to help other members.

It has been 7 months since we paid off our 4th loan, and we still do not have an offer. Nothing has changed that I previously stated in this thread. We have an impeccable record with Square. We have never had a chargeback in 4 years with Square, and all our other metrics are great - such as returning customers, positive feedback, volume and refund rate.

It appears Square is still neglecting its members for additional Square Capital without explanation. Should we receive an offer, we will update this thread accordingly in order to help other members who are looking for a point of reference to how long loans are taking to be re-offered.

Message 54 of 64

Same here! I am now at a year! I’m switching to Paypal this week after being with Square for years. Enough is enough 

Message 55 of 64

I'm sorry for your troubles, but they are never going to give you an explanation. For one, I doubt many people at Square even know exactly how the algorithm works. And if they did, it's undoubtedly proprietary information.

I don't think it's helpful to think they are "neglecting" you. You're setting yourself up to be offended and frustrated with that mindset. They've simply said all they're going to say. The message: Don't count on additional offers.

If I were to attempt to read Square's mind, I suspect it makes more sense for them to fund numerous smaller, faster growing companies than to loan to larger or more established ones. One reason is to diversify risk. But they also want to increase the transactions they can collect fees on (their real cash cow), and providing funding to a smaller company is more likely to have a big impact on that business' growth, hence a larger percentage return on their investment in the long run. Just a guess.

Message 56 of 64

Did they ever reply to you?

Message 57 of 64

same here

we paid off our 4th loan 

stupidly early, but good thing i paid off 

business was booming and i had extra income coming from business so i paid off 

and its been 8th month now with no new offer ..

send lot of email and calling

i still get same answer 

very furstrating and tiring from wait

so i might switch to paypal or other system and see how it goes 

we do about [Personal Information Redacted] sales on one store 

and [Personal Information Redacted] on my husband store 

so will see 

Message 58 of 64

Congratulations. Your Square Capital balance has been paid in full
While you are not currently eligible for a loan through Square Capital, keep processing with Square and you‘ll receive an invitation email if you become eligible. Please visit our Support Center to learn more.

[Personal Information Redacted] 

Message 59 of 64

@LaDora 

@Regina_B

@katieand

@EJ_

Continuing to provide an update to this thread for reference to help other members.

It has been almost a year since we paid off our 4th loan, and we still do not have an offer. Nothing has changed that I previously stated in this thread. We have an impeccable record with Square. We have never had a chargeback in 4 years with Square, and all our other metrics are great - such as returning customers, positive feedback, volume and refund rate.

Message 60 of 64

Hey, hope im wrong, but i would stop waiting if i were you; While i was anticipating, it just built up a Hate for Square Capital Program, then i realized its not them it's me; Although they NEED TO DO BETTER AT COMMUNICATING TRANSPARENCY, ultimately the 5 capital loans i received were a luxury, that was GREAT, i would not be where I am WITHOUT SQUARE CAPITAL, utterly disappointed that ive been paid for a long time and no offers but it is what it is. Square's processing is still great in my opinion, and hopefully an offer will come for us both! Good luck

Message 61 of 64

No, we are not waiting for Square Capital to be offered. We did need it right after the hurricane, but Square would not help us back then, and we did not wait around for it to be offered. Our business has recovered after the storm and is doing well.

We are only continuing to update this thread as a point of reference for other business owners that are actively looking for an offer. Square will not provide any information about the Capital program, so members of this community should keep others updated as to their receipt of offers, or lack thereof.

Message 62 of 64

Definitely, Glad you made it through the Hurricane. No loyalty in this game, you love them but they dont love you back...Before i was awaiting an offer, because its been like clockwork, i even encouraged my customers to pay using Square even when some wanted to use Paypal, I definitely would not have urgently try to get these loans back quickly if they were gonna tell me go F myslef lol; Which by being generic and not giving straight answers is exactly what they are doing... Good luck

Message 63 of 64