x

Recurring Invoices problems

When we create a recurring invoice the costumer is send a copy of the invoice to confirm the invoice. When I first created a recurring invoice I got invoice Is telling me the amount I agreed to will be coming out, now some of my costumer are sent a reminder that the amount agreed is due, is this something new or am I doing something wrong? Why does Reminder have to be sent if we have the card is on the card is on file and payment is to be taken out monthly automatically?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

Hey @CBjr!

You're not doing anything wrong. The reminder is just a courtesy to let the customer know that their card is going to be charged in the next few days. This is helpful for several reasons such as giving the customer time make sure they have enough in their balance before being charged or customer can request to change card on file. I personally get email reminders for anything that I am enrolled in auto-pay for and it helps me keep my finances organized.

Hope that clarifies things for you!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 2 of 6

I'm using recurring invoices to my collect tuition for my martial  arts program. I want to be able to put tuition on hold for month if I had too, or do I have to cancel their invoice and then start it up again until they next month.
Is there another way make possible?
Message 3 of 6

Hello @CBjr, you should be able to edit the invoice and change the next invoice date. When you're on the Invoices page click on the recurring invoice. A new window should popup and you'll have the option edit it. 

Let me know if you have any questions! 

Message 4 of 6

Recurring Invoice Sent

This invoice was not charged automatically due to a mismatch between the email address associated with this invoice and the email address associated with the customer's Card on File. An invoice has been sent to (PERSONAL INFORMATION REDACTED) for payment instead. 
We recommend reviewing this customer's contact information in your Customer Directory and creating a new invoice series with up to date contact information. 

I changed the email the right address (PERSONAL INFORMATION REDACTED) in customer file, but it still will change on the Invoice and sending to the wrong address!

Due I have cancel out the old series and do a new one with the right address?

Message 5 of 6

Hey @CBJR, for good measure I would create a new reoccurring series. This is your income, so why leave anything to chance? That's the way I see it at least. 

Also just a reminder please don't post email addresses on public comments. I've gone ahead and edited your post. 

If you have any other questions please let me know! 

Message 6 of 6