x

Feature Request: Schedule classes + group sessions + multiple clients during one time slot

Feature Request: Schedule classes + group sessions + multiple clients during one time slot

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Use Square Appointments to schedule classes or group sessions?

Has anyone successfully used Appointments to schedule classes taught to clients/gneeral public?  Looking for tips. Thanks!

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: apointments

Hey @exdub-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

The ability to book group sessions or an appointment for multiple people is one of our most popular feature requests. I went ahead and moved your post over to this thread to prevent duplicates.

We do not currently have an ideal workaround to suggest. Square Appointments right now isn't optimized for group classes, events, etc. For your business, I may suggest that you use our Square Online Store instead. You will be able to list items as Events, and then sell tickets to the events per person so they can select a quantity:

Let me know if this would work as a workaround for you. Cheers! 

Verified Answer

Re: Use Square Appointments to schedule classes?

We don't currently offer class or group booking with Appointments - certainly a popular request and I know how helpful it would be for you (and many others.) 

For now the only workaround I can suggest would be scheduling overlapping sessions for each client in the group/appointment. However, it's only possible for you to create overlapping appointments manually on your calendar, so this isn't something your customer's could book.

Thanks for your patience while we work to expand the features in our Appointments app. We'll definitely let you if a better solution is available in the future.

276 Comments
We desperately need this feature in order for Square Appointments to work for us. What's the status? Thanks,

We desperately need this feature in order for Square Appointments to work for us. What's the status? I see multiple threads with this request. How has this feature not been implemented?

Thanks,

Dave

Chad, We desperately need this feature in order for Square Appointments to work for us. What's the status? I see multiple threads with this request. How has this feature not been implemented? Thanks, Dave

Just looking thru all of the comments and requests....how is this not a feature?!? So many poeple need this and it's seems obvious and should be an included feature for any appointment app. What's the deal on this? It is critical for us in order to use Square Appointments. It looks like users have been requesting this for over 18 months...

Dave

Chad,

Just looking thru all of the comments and requests....how is this not a feature?!? So many poeple need this and it's seems obvious and should be an included feature for any appointment app. What's the deal on this? It is critical for us in order to use Square Appointments. It looks like users have been requesting this for over 18 months...

Dave

Hello @DavidMeagher! Currently our Product Team is still tracking this feature request.

Right now we don't provide public timelines for feature requests since our roadmap is constantly changing. When this feature does become available, the Community Team will make sure to update this thread and tag everyone in this post to notify them. 

If you have any questions please let me know! 😃

@Chad,

Thanks for the reply but this is the same generic respnse everyone gets. You are "tracking this feature request" and "it is something sellers have been requesting"... I'd hope that 15+ months of requests would have led to the feature being developed. It's a glaring oversight to not allow multiple appointments for the same time slot. This should have been available at launch. I can't imagine what the developers could be working on that would outweigh getting this done. Honestly.

I'm hoping your team switches gears and starts working on this immediately.

Dave 

Alumni

Hey there @DavidMeagher! My name is Devon, I'm the Product Manager for Square Appointments.

We read every one of these comments and trust me, we talk about them every day here at Square. It's not a matter of saying "this isn't important, we're not going to build it." I completely agree that this is an incredibly important topic and we should have something that works for sellers like you who need this functionality.

That said, we get lots of feedback from lots of different sellers, and we use all of this feedback to help us prioritize what we work on soon, and what we unfortunately have to delay until later. To date, we haven't prioritized this feature, but that's not to say we won't in the future!

So thank you for writing in with your feedback-- without it, we'd be much less sure about what you and other sellers like you need to be able to run your business on Square and Square Appointments. Keep it coming! Thank you for the time you've put into this comment, and thank you for being a Square seller!

Hi Devon,

Even if I requested the same thing one year ago, I constat that you do not understand the huge waiting about this question.

Indeed, I am growing my business and I will have multiple coaches and I want for each coach , they get their own merchant account but without scheduling appointments and payment for classes with several people, I cannot use your Square system.

That is not because you do not have more request about that people do not expect to see that soon.

You are losing the fitness industry if you do not take in account this question and the fitness industry , this is of 267K in 2012 of personal trainer only.
Number estimated at 338K in 2018.

I think that this market is not negligible  and I just speak of personal trainers and not other member of fitness industry .

I guess that you and your Square team must take that in consideration when you will need to decide on the future evolution of your system

Best Regards

Stephanie

@Devon,

Thanks for the reply. With this feature needed so desperately by so many, I really hope it gets prioritized.

As a developer, I'd gladly assume the workload and create the functionality if Square had an API for Square Appointments.

Do you know if that is on the horizon or even being considered? If so, I'm conifdent I could make this functioanlity avaliable for all of those that need it.

Thanks,

Dave