x

Can I cancel an instant transfer right after I did an instant transfer ?

Can I cancel an instant transfer right after I just made 1 and I did into a wrong account? 

[This post was updated by moderator in 2019 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

Message 1 of 22
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Message 2 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Super Seller

Message 2 of 22

when you change your bank account how long do it take before you should do instant because I will not change account. The money continual to go into the same account. 

Message 3 of 22

How do I modify the amount of an instant transfer. I was not aware of the requirement for a remaining balance 

Message 4 of 22

I changed the bank info on the bank accounts but not under the instant transfer screen. The money was transfer in the old account (which is still open). How do i cancel instant transfer and reverse transfer to go into the other account.

Message 5 of 22
Square Community Moderator

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: “How do I cancel Instant Deposit?”. The original author has been notified via email.

Hi @Dawn-3571

I've moved your post over to this existing thread. 

Unfortunately you're not able to cancel an instant transfer, as the funds are instantly sent to your account. 

Message 6 of 22

I have just set up my instant transfer by connecting it with a debit card. I didn't realize there is a 1% fee taken for instant transfer. But can't figure out how to cancel the instant transfer. How do I cancel my instant transfer. Thanks.

Message 7 of 22
Admin

@MAS I'm very sorry but an Instant Transfer cannot be cancelled because it's sent to your bank account instantly!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 8 of 22

I don't mean to cancel the transfer. I mean that I would like to cancel the process of instant transfer. Or is it a one time process? Does that makes sense?

Message 9 of 22
Super Seller

each instant transfer is a one-off.  you can turn the option off in the settings of the Square POS app under deposits.

Message 10 of 22

I think the question is, can we cancel the instant transfers going forward, not after the fact. There must be a setting that allows you to keep the balance in your square account without automatically transferring it. It would be rediculous not to be able to do this. But I can't figure out how.

Message 11 of 22

Welcome to the Community, @chucksmix 😊

You can turn off Instant Deposit from the Square Point of Sale app:

• Tap Settings > Instant Deposit.
  • Toggle Enable Instant Deposit to off.

Message 12 of 22

I want to cancel a transfer i did today...can I?

Message 13 of 22

Hi @Snowhite,

I moved your post to an existing thread where this question has been answered.

Check out the thread above. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 14 of 22

How do I cancel a transfer?

Message 15 of 22

Hi there, @Jagr8487 👋 Welcome here to the Seller Community.

The ability to cancel transfers is currently not a feature that Square offers. For record keeping purposes, I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding cancelled transfers. 

Joe
Message 16 of 22

i changed my bank account I have two accounts at the same bank the money when into the bank account

Message 17 of 22

I misclicked instant transfer way too easily. This should be under a menu if there's no confirmation or way to cancel. 

Message 18 of 22

Hello there @ccceramics 

In my experience Instant Transfers require a confirmation as we display the fee and the total amount to be transferred. If this wasn't the case then I suggest you reach out and report this to our team so they can investigate this for you.

JJ
Message 19 of 22
Beta Member

This wasn't the case for me, nor can I turn this off in my POS app on my iPhone (I can see the Instant Transfer line, but it's gray and has no option to disable it). Is there a way to disable this from the main Square Dashboard? This is very frustrating and feels borderline predatory to make this the DEFAULT and then offer no way to credit back the 1.5% that was taken away. 

Message 20 of 22
Beta Member

I found the screen in the Square Dashboard, but there's still no option to disable it:

hermetheuscoffe_0-1656010008141.png

Message 21 of 22