x

Suggestion: Customize SMS notification for Square Appointments

Verified Answer

The ability to customize the email notifications is great, however the sms notification is very limited. Allowing customization, if possible, would be a welcome upgrade.

3 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Is there a way to customize the text messages for appointment confirmations?

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Is there a way to customize the text messages for appointment confirmations?

@nailsbyjlyn @Kenzi Right now you can only edit the email confirmations for Square Appointment and we're tracking the request to be able to edit text messages too! We'll share any updates in this thread.

@Kenzi You can change the cut-off time that a client can cancel an Appointment from the Calendar & Booking section of your Appointments Dashboard: 

1. Scroll down to Online Scheduling.
  2. Click on the dropdown menu below Cut-off time for allowing clients to cancel or reschedule > choose a new time.
  3. Click Save.

Tom
Verified Answer

Re: Suggestion: Customize SMS notification

Hi @Mackay! Thanks for bringing this up. 🙂

I'll be sure to flag this with our Appointments Team who is tracking notification requests. Appreciate your flexibility in the meantime, and please don't hesitate to check in for updates.

Verified Answer

The ability to customize the email notifications is great, however the sms notification is very limited. Allowing customization, if possible, would be a welcome upgrade.

159 Comments
Admin

Hi @Mackay! Thanks for bringing this up. 🙂

I'll be sure to flag this with our Appointments Team who is tracking notification requests. Appreciate your flexibility in the meantime, and please don't hesitate to check in for updates.

I don't care for the way the confirmation texts are worded.

Square Community Moderator

Hello, 

You can edit your notifications to your clients in the Settings of your Appointments Dashboard.

The default messaging is a bit generic, so feel free to customize all of your communication messages to your clients. 

Here's a screenshot for reference:

I can see how to edit email confirmations, but what about texts? I there a way to edit the SMS confirmation? 

Thanks!

Admin

Thanks for your post @FROM.

At this time it's not possible to edit SMS notifications. I'll share your interest with our Product Team. If this changes in future we'll let you know! 

If you have other questions feel free to post again! 

Yes this would be so awesome. Most, if not, 90% of my customers never tap the link in the text reminder for details of their appointment. 

Agreed, so are they going to make it so you can customize the notifications? My clients dont get notified until 2 hours before their apt. Itd be nice if it was the day before

Square Community Moderator

Hi @Jnmcall08

Thanks for sharing your interest in this feature. Unfortunately I don't have any news on this as of right now. You're still not able to edit communications for text message reminders at this time. 

Hopefully this gains some momentum and our Appointments team can make some changes in the near future. 

Yes have they incorporated a SMS reminder the day before an appointment 

is it possible to send text information about my online scheduled to my customers rather than an email? 

Admin

Thanks for checking in, @Christamcburney. I went to look into this and we do not have any updates available for texting the reminder versus emailing. We'll update this thread as soon as any developments or timeline come to light. Keep in touch.