x

Why is the wireless reader not charging when I insert the card and forcing me to manually enter it??

My wireless reader has always worked except recently it is not charging when I insert the card. It is forcing me to manually enter the card number instead. The card reader says it's connected and working but still won't charge it without me typing in the card number. I have deleted and re downloaded app, re paired the device, all of the troubleshooting and still not working ! Please help!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Jkraft7

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. What device were you using with your Square Contactless and Chip Card Reader?

Check out this existing thread if you haven't already:

What are the troubleshooting steps for the Contactless and Chip Card Reader?

Message 2 of 7

I feel ur pain....had issues..had to manually enter 3 transaction....SUCKS....square???

Message 3 of 7

Hey there @Gorgesone we certainly understand the frustration but I do want to remind you from reframing to cuss on this forum. Please review our Community Etiquette Guidelines.

Message 4 of 7

Oops..

Message 5 of 7

I used my own card,charged $1.00.  worked fine,..had other people cards,worked for two,had to manual enter 3...why?????

Message 6 of 7

Hey @Gorgesone 

I am sorry to hear about your experience processing payments with the Square Reader for Contactless and Chip. If this continues to be the case, I recommend following our troubleshooting guide, and if the problem persists, you'll wanna reach out to our support team. 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 7