x

Are clients able to print eGift cards?

Hi there

I am new to square and looking at offering egift cards as a last minute gift idea, but wondering if clients are able to print their vouchers at home? It would be good to be able to print it to slip inside a card or something for gift giving rather than just email.

Thanks

Message 1 of 10
1 Verified Answer
Tom
Verified Answer

Re: Printing egiftcards

Hey @ruckdmc, thanks for checking in. At this time, the only way to print out eGift Card details is from the email notification. Out of curiosity, can you reply with more information on why this would be useful for your business? I'd like to surface some more insight with our Point of Sale Team.

1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

yes, the customer can print out a paper at home that will have the number needed to redeem it in store.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Super Seller

Best Answer

yes, the customer can print out a paper at home that will have the number needed to redeem it in store.

Message 2 of 10

Is there any way to print the e-gift card other than in the email?  I can cut it up after printed but curious about another way.

Thanks

Message 3 of 10
Admin

Hey @ruckdmc, thanks for checking in. At this time, the only way to print out eGift Card details is from the email notification. Out of curiosity, can you reply with more information on why this would be useful for your business? I'd like to surface some more insight with our Point of Sale Team.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 10

Some of my clients have asked for my printed gift certificates to present as their gift as it looks better. 

They could cut up the email which looks fine, but to print the gift certificate without email headings would be easier for them.

Thank you for asking! Happy Holidays!

Donna

Message 5 of 10
Admin

Got it. Thanks, Donna, and Happy Holidays to you as well!

I'll be sure to point this out. For now, the most streamlined solution for physical gift cards with Point of Sale is through our partnership with eCard Systems. For more information, have a look here: Order Your Square Gift Cards. I realize that there is an added cost with this option, but wanted to make sure it was surfaced in this thread.

Keep in touch for updates. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 6 of 10

Yes this would help my business ALOT. Clients do not want to make a trip in to purchase a gift card and love the e-gift option. however 9/10 customers are dissapointed they have nothing tanjable to give, its just a reciept. Clients want to have something decent to print out and give in a card or whatnot

Message 7 of 10

Hello - Regarding the ability to print a eGift Certificate.  I am a seasonal ice cream shoppe, but promote eGift cards year around.  Unable to come to the shop to purchase a card to present, my customers purchase a eGift card, and want to print it to insert into a appropriate card; like a birthday card of a valentine card, etc.

Message 8 of 10

Im still not clear on this procedure,  If I email the card to myself to print, then the recipient's name or email isn't attached to the gift?

The desire is to be able to purchase a gift card when the store is closed for the season and be able to include it in a card to the recipient.  If they lose it, how do they use it if their name or email isn't connected to it?

Message 9 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Bigriverbji!

I moved your post to a relevant thread where another seller had the same question on how to print it.

You can only print it from the email notification so it'd have to be sent to an email that they can reference. They can print it out to make it easier straight from the email. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 10 of 10