x

Is my printer supported or compatible with Square Point of Sale?

I want to print from square to an Epson  printer, but square only recognizes Bluetooth printers. I have already added this printer for other apps...what is the problem? 

Message 1 of 41
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

We dropped in to this thread with an update about Epson printer compatibility in 2017, and announced Epson printer compatibility with Android devices - including the Square Terminal and Register - back in April 2020, but I wanted to stop by again for anyone who stumbles upon this thread to ensure you have the latest and most up-to-date information when buying a printer!

We recently updated our general hardware compatibility page, and you'll find receipt printer compatibility on it's own page now 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 41 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

I have a Samsung GT-i9250m android 4.2.2 phone with OTG capability. I have purchased a few Android compatible USB thermal printers to pair with my phone to function as a POS system. They work fine with the phone but none were recognized by Square app so I returned them. Is your app compatible with any printers other than Star? If not, why?
Message 2 of 41

I have a LG android tablet with square and a wireless Epson printer connected through a router.

1. Set up wireless info on epson and is connected through the wireless router

2. Wi-fi is on and connected to tablet

3. Share & connect > Printing > Cloud Print is On

4. Down load the epson ap "Epson Print Enabler" and shows on

5. Squareup > Settings > Printers

6. Create Printer Station > name "Epson" > Select printer

7. No Printers Available

Android Version 6.0 / Epson workforce 645

Google cloud print is on 

Did a test print from the Cloud Print application and printed fine

I just can't get square to reconize the epson printer on the tablet.

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 41
Square

@usascottwright - While we don't currently support Epson printers, it's definitely a popular feature request. I'll update this thread if that changes in the future! Also, apologies for the delay in following up with you. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 4 of 41

I have the same problem. But with the Epson TM-P60ii. 

POS is android Galaxy 10.1 tablet connecting via bluetooth or wifi.

The tablet can see the printer and print test receipts, but I can't get Square app to recognise that the printer exists.

Atm it's cheaper for me to use something else other than square, than to change the printer tablet setup. It appears other people have similar issues. Square managment need to grasp the economics here of only catering to a small hardware segment(Star printers) of the market, while marketing themselves as a simple DIY eftpos POS for small businesses, who burn themselves on compatability issues. Hopefully Square can solve this issue.

Message 5 of 41
Admin

Hello @domfor! The Epson TM-P60ii printer isn't supported at this time so the app won't recognize it I'm afraid, I'm sorry about the confusion. 

I do appreciate your post though and I wanted to let you know that we are working to provide support for more printers and your feedback is welcome! For example, we recently launched support for several Epson printers which can be used with Square on iOS devices (the full list of printers is here). 

If we roll out support for additional Epson printers such as the TM-P60ii on Android devices we'll update this thread! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 6 of 41
Super Seller

Message 7 of 41

I would like to know how to configure Square to use Epson TM-T88V. There were successful cases happened in Singapore. However, I do not know how they did it. Can you help us?

Message 8 of 41
Square

@tingshen - While this printer is not officially supported, it's definitely a popular feature request. You can find more details on supported printers below:

Supported Hardware for iPads

Supported Hardware for Android Devices

Recommended Hardware for Square Stand

I'll be sure to let you know if this changes in the future! 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 9 of 41

Would like to ask if EPSON printer is compatible to the squareup? And if yes, is there any specific model or can you give me what model the best used for squareup?

I'm in the Philippines and Star printer is not that convenient to us because we need to order it from abroad.

Hoping that someone could help me.

Thank you so much!

Tags (1)
Message 10 of 41
Super Seller

this is a list of supported printers.  

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5642

bigger issue is I don't think square works in the Philippines.  "Card payment acceptance with the Square app is currently available in the US, Canada, Japan, and Australia."

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/4956-international-availability

Message 11 of 41
Square

@VanKalkerFarms - You are totally correct on this one, however, Square Register is available worldwide. While we don't currently offer credit card processing services in the Philippines, many international Square sellers still use our software to keep track of their sales, inventory, etc.

@CABILAOResort - I totally feel for you. We've had many seller requests to support more printers, especially Epson ones. While this isn't currently an option, I'll definitely share your feedback. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 12 of 41

Any update about the Epson printer yet?

Message 13 of 41
Square

@creeazz - I don't have any sort of update to share right now, but I'll be sure to ping this thread if I do! Thanks for your patience. 🙃

Sean
he/him/his
Message 14 of 41

I heard from somebody in Singapore that Epson TM-T88V can work on Square. However, I am not sure how he does that. Can you verify this?

Message 15 of 41
Square

@tingshen - We don't officially support this printer, but it's definitely a popular feature request! We'll be sure to let you know if this changes in the future. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 16 of 41

There are some users said the T88V is supported. Why?

Message 17 of 41

Square is not interested in using anyone but Star. And their attitude is that they frankly don't care. I know, I have emails from them about it. If I was to guess, I would bet they have a deal with Star that funds their (insert pizza parties, to silk pockets). But lets be realistic. I mean it has to be something viable, right? The fact that Star uses the same print protocals that Epson uses has no bearing on an Epson receipt printer not working. It goes in the same line as Android devices can't use bluetooth devices... although that new chip reader is bluetooth. It is a lack of customer service and they need to step up to the plate, or someone is going to come along and take their business away from them.

Message 18 of 41
Square

@SSmobile @Kevin7 - I went ahead and moved both of your comments over to the thread where we are tracking this feature request. I totally understand your frustration and desire for Epson support. They make a mean printer that is also a fraction of the cost of most Star printers. I have personally passed this feedback along to our product team, and expanding compatibility is something that is top of mind for them. I'll update this thread if/when this functionality is added in the future! 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 19 of 41

I have an epson tm-t88III model # m129c . I thought that I could buy a rs-232 serial to usb adapter to work with my square stand but a computer tec said he didnt think that it would work. I contacted epson to see if that was correct and they said nothing would make it bluetooth or usb compatable. I know by googling i seen an adapter that goes to the serial port to make it bluetooth.

I would rather not have to buy another printer if possible so if anyone has an idea of what I can do to make this work with my square stand I would be forever greatful.

Message 20 of 41
Admin

I'm so sorry @hawktreats — Epson printers aren't supported with Square at this time! See below for an update! 

We're tracking this feature request closely and as soon as Epson printers are supported we'll update everyone in this thread!

In the meantime, I've moved your post here so you can read Sean's Best Answer. Head to our Support Center for a list of supported hardware for iPadsAndroid devices, and the Square Stand

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 21 of 41