x

How to connect to Oppo devices

How do you connect Contactless and Chip to Oppo R17 pro phone. I have no problem with my older Oppo R11 

Thanks Alan

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Alan08,

Thanks for getting in touch.

At the moment Oppo phones are unfortunately not supported by Square. You may find some Oppo devices will incidentally work with Square if they meet certain Android operating requirements, however we can't guarantee any Oppo device will work on an ongoing basis with Square as we continually update the firmware and security in our readers.

For a little more context, Oppo phones run on a heavily modified version of the Android operating system called ColorOS - in most cases Oppo devices and ColorOS won't meet our minimum device security requirements to process card payments and utilize "PIN on Glass" technology to securely process physical card payment on a mobile device. Square will often detect ColorOS as a "rooted device" - you can read more about what this means here.

Sorry we couldn't be of more help! You can view a list of devices tested as compatible with Square here.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Alan08,

Thanks for getting in touch.

At the moment Oppo phones are unfortunately not supported by Square. You may find some Oppo devices will incidentally work with Square if they meet certain Android operating requirements, however we can't guarantee any Oppo device will work on an ongoing basis with Square as we continually update the firmware and security in our readers.

For a little more context, Oppo phones run on a heavily modified version of the Android operating system called ColorOS - in most cases Oppo devices and ColorOS won't meet our minimum device security requirements to process card payments and utilize "PIN on Glass" technology to securely process physical card payment on a mobile device. Square will often detect ColorOS as a "rooted device" - you can read more about what this means here.

Sorry we couldn't be of more help! You can view a list of devices tested as compatible with Square here.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 2 of 4

just bought a new phone android and cant connect to square , says something about in root no idea what that is can someone help me 

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hey @chikssalon,

I've moved your message to this thread, unfortunately Oppo phones are not widely supported by Square.

Since this older post was made, we have added a couple:

• A57
  • F1s

Unfortunately outside of those models we don't support other Oppo devices.

You can view our mobile device compatibility website here for more info on compatible devices.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 4