x

Square register and keyboard?

I had a bluetooth keyboard hooked up to my iPad for the Square Stand. Can a keyboard be hooked up to the new register?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Admin

Hi @ThePawSpaw, thanks for bringing this up.

At this time, the new Square Register does not support Bluetooth accessories. So that I can share more information with the Register team, can you reply with a bit more information on how you used the keyboard or how it would be helpful for your business?

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 12

Hi, Tom - thanks for your response! I keep a fairly detailed customer database, and it is quicker to type in information with a keyboard instead of a stylus/typing on the register. It worked well when I had the keyboard hooked up to the iPad for the Square Stand. 

Message 3 of 12
Admin

Got it, that makes total sense—especially for entering larger amounts of information. Thank you for taking the time to confirm! While I can't offer a timeline, I'll make sure your experience is documented with the appropriate team members. If it's at all helpful, you can manage your Customer Directory using a computer from your online Square Dashboard as well.

Find more information here: Manage Your Customer Directory Online

Keep in touch for updates or feel free to check in if any other questions come up. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 12

So any update on this in the last year?  Would be quite helpful to be able to use a physical keyboard particularly for customer information entry.

Message 5 of 12
Super Seller Alumni

I just tried hooking up a generic USB keyboard, and it worked on our Square Register system!  I think that's very exciting.  Now on to decimal quantities!

Judy T Shumway
Message 6 of 12

How did you connect it to the register?

Message 7 of 12
Super Seller Alumni

In one of the 5 USB slots in the hub on the Register system.

Judy T Shumway
Message 8 of 12

Thanks!

Message 9 of 12

This is very exciting news. I type much faster on a keyboard and we use the notes section to record tax exempt and customer information. I will try connecting a keyboard and also check out the customer section.

Message 10 of 12

I am getting a square stand and wanted to know what bluetooth keyboard was successfully paired while in the stand?

Message 11 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Philipmichael! Welcome to the Community.

It looks like Bluetooth accessories aren't compatible but some sellers above found success with a USB keyboard in the USB hub. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 12 of 12