x

"linked card invalid"

When I go to instantly direct transfer my funds it reads "linked card invalid". This just started yesterday- I'm not sure the "card" they're speaking of as it is account info that has to be entered & account is NOT expired & should be valid. Someone help please!

[This post was updated by moderator in 2019 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

Message 1 of 16
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: "linked card invalid"

@BroadwayFlorist, sometimes debit cards and bank accounts fall out of availability for instant transfer. This is determined by card networks like Visa, Master Card, and the banks;

Square doesn't have the ability to influence this.

We want you to be able to use instant transfers actually. 😀

[This post was updated by moderator in 2019 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

1 Best Answer

Best Answer

@BroadwayFlorist, sometimes debit cards and bank accounts fall out of availability for instant transfer. This is determined by card networks like Visa, Master Card, and the banks;

View Best Answer >

Message 7 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Mine just started doing the same thing at a very crucial time. Suddenly, without explanation, instant deposit, which I have come to depend upon, doesn't work....it's the middle of the night on the weekend. This royally hacks me off. 

Message 2 of 16

Same here.... Linked card invalid. Never had this before and my client said she received email off transaction completed. Strange but it must be in Square app.

Message 3 of 16
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @Maggiejane11

Welcome to the Community!

Was your Customer charged for the invoice? Usually with an invalid card, it wouldn't be able to be processed. 

I will keep an eye out for your reply!

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 16

Hello @AlyssaBroom

It sounds like your linked debit card for instant deposit is no longer supported. If you had an old debit card linked to your account it would display this message. All you need to do is update your debit card information under the deposits tab.

It sounds like you might have a similar case @BroadwayFlorist! 😀

Message 5 of 16

It was working, and suddenly stopped. Would Square have suddenly, without warning stopped supporting my Visa Debit card from a major regional bank?

Message 6 of 16

Best Answer

Message 7 of 16

I can't make instant deposit of $2000, notice says my debit card is invalid. I used it last week for an instant deposit and last night for a purchase. I tried re-entering info to link the same card - still says "invalid".  Any suggestions?

Message 8 of 16

Hello @InvalidCardGuy, this has come up a few times now. I've merged your thread a similar one! Check out the best answer on the first page and view some of the discussion! 

Message 9 of 16

Thank you. It's frustrating and creates anxiety not being able to just speak to someone at support center until tomorrow morning. Really messed up my travel plans.

Message 10 of 16

If you have tried re entering the card to many times sometimes it could possibly be messed up on your banks end, we had a situation where we were using the hell out of our debit card for 2 days straight at various places (the same card that was linked to instant deposit) and the bank put a suspicious hold on the card for all of the transactions in different areas , therefore making it unavailable for instant deposit so it could be on the bank side not the card side

Message 11 of 16

Big facts 💯💯

Message 12 of 16

My card just started doing the same thing a week and a half ago. I spoke with my bank, and they have no clue why Square will no longer instant deposit. Nothing has changed on their end. According to them, it's an issue with Square. NOT fun during the Holiday rush!! (And seemingly no answers in sight)

Message 13 of 16
Alumni

Hey @Tub-Time - Apologies for the frustrating experience. We recommend reaching out to our Support team directly and they can help you take a closer look at your account.

If you want to get in touch with the Support team via phone, you can reach them at 1 (855) 700-6000 on Monday - Friday from 6am - 6pm PST. Please note that you'll need to have a Customer Code to get through to them.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 14 of 16

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Is chime no longer supported by square?

I’ve been using my chime account with square for over a year and now it’s showing that my card is no longer supported. I would like to know if it’s the card or my account because it hindering  my instant transfers alone with me updating my card information.

Message 15 of 16
Alumni

What's up @Smoove. Thanks for stopping by! 

Sometimes debit cards fall out of network for Instant Deposit. If your Chime card is coming back Unsupported, then you'll need to another debit card. It doesn't have to be associated with the bank account that's linked to your Square profile. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 16 of 16