x

Transaction reports (CSV) do not include cardholder name info?!?

I just ran $1200 in Contactless/Chip transactions this evening. I discovered in looking at the night's transaction report that the cardholder first and last name is missing from the report. The CSV has the customer first and last name fields but all cells for those columns are blank.

This is complete BS.

I need to be able to coordinate in a report the first and last names of people who made the transactions (purchases) so I can ensure they receive the services they are purchasing.

If I go though dashboard and click on a transaction the cardholder name is there. Just not in any reports.

I have $80,000 of transactions to do this month. I am going to move this transaction buiness over to Intuit/Quickbooks if I cannot get the card holder first and last name in a downloadable transaction report.

The reasons cannot be legal in nature because Eventbrite and other online vendors provide this information.

Someone in Square senior management please respond.

Jeff

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller Alumni

The only way a customers name will appear on your transaction report is if you tag the customer with the sale.  What you are seeing in the dashboard is the customer's first name and last initial.  This information comes from the credit card and will not show up on your transaction report.

You will find a circle with a down arrow in the top right corner of the transaction tape.  Click it and click add customer.  Find your customer or create a new one.

Message 2 of 3

If I run a transaction I can go to Dashboard->Sales-Transactions->Some Date->A Transaction and I see the cardholder's name inside () next to the card issuer and last 4 of the card number.

Example:
---------------------

$200.00 Payment

Oct. 23, 2017 8:43 pm
Collected at: Some Location
Device Nickname: This iPhone
Paid by: "Customer name"
Our Services
Regular
$200.00
Total $200.00
MasterCard XXXX (First name Last name) $200.00
Receipt #WKsK

---------------------

If I run a transaction details report as a downloadable CSV I do not get this information but the first/last name fields are there in the CSV, the fields are blank. I should get "First name Last name" in the Customer Name field of the transaction report, or some other field of the transaction report.

I am running transactions for services where I have to reconcile who paid what/when by first and last name.

The cardholder name information exists in Square's database of the transaction. Square shows it to me as I have shown above. I should be able to download that information as part of my transaction details CSV report.

If Square can't figure out this simple addition to the transactions report then I have to look for other processing services like Quickbooks GoPayments.

Message 3 of 3