x

Can I send a coupon to someone without them leaving feedback first?

I'd like to send someone a coupon (not part of an blast campaign, just one person) in their email that they can redeem in my store. Is there any way to do that? I know that it is possible if they have left feedback, but this would be a new customer who hasn't shopped here yet and left feedback. If this is not currently possible, could I put in a request for this feature to be added? Thanks!  

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Admin

Hi @EdgeCoffee, welcome to the seller community and thanks for flagging this!

We don't have a one-off option to send a coupon via email as you've described, but I'll be sure to share your suggestion with our Product Liaison team.

In the meantime, you might consider creating a new group in your Directory tab with just the one person's email address. This will allow you to use Square Marketing to email a coupon to that single customer.

Thanks again for bringing this up, and keep in touch for updates as we're always working to improve.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 26

Yes, please.  This would be a great option!

Message 3 of 26

I also think this would be a super helpful option - to search a cusotmer in the directory, and be able to send them a coupon.  Thanks!

Message 4 of 26

We would love this feature as well. We want to send a coupon to a customer who was in yesterday but didn't leave feedback. 

Message 5 of 26

Hey @DHD, we don't have any updates on this feature. I will make sure to flag your comment to our Product Team! 

Message 6 of 26

This feature is still not available?!?!?

Message 7 of 26

Any updates on this feature?

Message 8 of 26
Alumni

@gabriela_febres - Nothing to update as of now. Can you share your use case so I can pass that on to our team who builds the feedback features?

Message 9 of 26

I would love the ability to implement an email sign up on our website which upon email submission, sent a promo code instantly. Instead of having to send it to everybody all at once or manually sending it to new sign ups which wouldn't be efficient.

Message 10 of 26

So this is almost 4 years old...  with all this Covid-19 going on, I'd like to be able to send a few select customers a coupon - especially since the online does not allow for multiple loyalty redemptions...  is this *still* not possible?

Message 11 of 26
Square Community Moderator

Hi @brick thank you for posting and asking about this. I understand that 4 years is a really long time to wait for a feature request, but unfortunately I still do not have a different solution to provide to you outside of what Tom offered at the beginning of this thread. 

Thank you for hanging in there regarding this feature. We really do reach each bit of feedback that comes out way and we do surface it with the appropriate teams. I will do the same with this feedback as well. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 12 of 26

Thank you - I appreciate that.  Prior to posting, I had discovered that on my own, but it seemed really clunky and overly complicated, and then I'd have to set up different directories to send different amounts... so I just figured it was addressed by now, if for no other reason than its such a simple request. But thank you for your response and please keep pushing for these relatively easy tickets to get addressed.  Thanks.

Message 13 of 26

@brick I hear you! It definitely isn't the best workaround as it can get complicated if you are wanting to send single coupons to multiple customers. I will keep pushing for these features and surfacing them as I can. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 14 of 26
Super Seller Alumni

@brick @EdgeCoffee @AshleyK 

I think sending an eGift Card would also work.

I created an eGift Card Code for 100% off (a code that only I know) that I use to send eGift Cards to customers in cases like this. As long as you know their email address, it should be great!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 15 of 26

THAT is very helpful - I’ll try that!

Thank you!

Message 16 of 26
Super Seller Alumni

Happy to help!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 17 of 26
Beta Member

I too would really love this feature.  Accidentally being charged something, promotions, thanks for waiting so long, etc...I would much rather send them a coupon for a future visit than a refund on their sale or discounting.  This is a very lacking aspect of your platform for progressive operators.

Message 18 of 26

Hey @shybear thank you for adding the feedback. I understand where you are coming from - it would really help build your connection to your customers if you could send coupons directly to them. I will continue to bubble your feedback up as well. 

Thanks for your time!

AshleyK
Message 19 of 26
Super Seller Alumni

@sweetcart 

There is actually a little work around to automatically send a coupon to new email sign ups!

You can add your Email Sign Up on your website through the Customers Tab:

https://squareup.com/dashboard/customers/settings/email-collection

You can then create the Email Marketing Automated Campaign called "Ask for Your Customers' Birthday"

https://squareup.com/dashboard/customers/marketing/new

In this email, you can add the block "Coupon" and set it to whatever coupon you'd like.

This campaign will automatically send an email to any customer in your directory with an email address and no birthday inputted. So any new customers that sign up will not have their birthday already in the system, and will therefore get this email.

You also have the option of setting up a Birthday Reward email, but you don't HAVE TO. You can just use this campaign as an easy automated way to get everyone a coupon upon sign up.

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 20 of 26
Beta Member

has there been any movement on this? I think it would be very useful. 

Message 21 of 26