x

Individual location dashboard

I only have one location for my business and would love to switch to an individual location dashboard so that I don't have to select my location with every listing. How do I switch to an individual location, I can't seem to find anywhere that is clickable.

Thanks for your help!

Message 1 of 33
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi CherArt, thanks for writing in. @TheWell is correct, one you enable our multi-location features, although you can edit and delete locations (http://squ.re/1JUpVkL) you cannot go back to the individual location dashboard. But it's a great request, which I'll pass along.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

I might be wrong, and I hope I am for your sake, but I seem to think that once you enable multiple locations you can't reverse it.  Hopefully tomorrow George or Caty can confirm this or not for you.

Message 2 of 33
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi CherArt, thanks for writing in. @TheWell is correct, one you enable our multi-location features, although you can edit and delete locations (http://squ.re/1JUpVkL) you cannot go back to the individual location dashboard. But it's a great request, which I'll pass along.

Message 3 of 33

Hi, I have 2 location. Just saw pop up offering to switch to individual location dashboard. I want to be able to see stats for indivisual location. But I don't want to lose the ability to see both locations combined. Please advise. Thanks!

Message 4 of 33

Yes! please add a feature to go back to a single location.

I only have 1 location, I enabled the multi-location feature to try it out and see how it worked, but had no idea there was no way to undo such option. 😞

Message 5 of 33
Square

As George mentioned, we are not able to revert an account from a multiple location back to a single location account. But for inventory and reporting, you can switch into only viewing one location at a time while still having the ability to view all locations in a different view.

There are a few ways to do this, you can simply select the individual location from the "locations" drop down menu on your Sales Tab. Or you can navigate to the location specific library you’d like to modify. To do so, click an item in your library>click Select a Location under Inventory Go.

Message 6 of 33

Why is "Switch to and Individual Location Dashboard" displayed prominantly in the page header when I click on the "Online Store" link; if in fact, "once you add a new location, you cannot revert back to a single location dashboard"? 

Not only does this seem ridiculous, the contradiction undoubtedly confuses users. 

Message 7 of 33

This has got to be the most frustrating update to yet! My account was switched to this location even though we are just one location. It has taken over 3 days for your system to do this switch. We didn't request this!!!!

We  can't do inventory updates unless we go to another page and reload everything. We have over 3000 items on our dashboard. 

This needs to be undone ASAP!

We tried to deactivate the multiple locations and instead it deactivated the account. 

Why  do you do updates and add features with no instructions or undo's? This is a repeat offense from square. If this can't be resolved we will start using another POS.

Message 8 of 33
Square

@maria - To start, I really appreciate your feedback, and I'll be sure to share it with our product liaison team. As we transition our sellers to our new dashboard, there has definitely been some frustration. You express some very valid feedback. I'll be sure to update this thread if I hear about any changes! Thanks for bearing with us everyone. 🙏

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 9 of 33

Dear Sean: It's been several months since all of this frustration started. Is there no update? Or "sending along our feedback" mean nothing?

Message 10 of 33

@BoCAuthour We currently don't have a time line that we can share. Never the less, if this changes we will make an announcement! We really do value your feedback, requests are how a lot of features get built and added to Square. Thanks for your input.

Message 11 of 33

Nothing like an "automated" response.   Do you think it has been long enough to fix yet?

Message 12 of 33

Sean,  there is nothing worse than that type of response.   You are not sorry, the company is not sorry and oh, by the way, you should have anticipated and been ready for a fix.  That is what a real company does that puts their customers first.

Message 13 of 33

I completely agree.  This has been one of my most frustrating days.  WE didnot "switch" to multiple locations.  At least I might see a Location to switch to in 3 days?  That is a joke

Message 14 of 33

Please add the ability to go back to single location. I inadvertently did something that changed my account to multi location and now it is a pain to view inventory. 

Message 15 of 33

Yes, agreed.  I am not even sure what "offer" or "suggestion" Square did to implement this but I inadvertently did something as well and didn't know I did that changed my account and it's a pain.  Looking at switching to Vagaro for all my needs.

Message 16 of 33

This post has over 1200 views, and this issue has been going on since early 2016.  Please resolve the issue, it creates an unnecessary extra step for those trying to enjoy the ease and efficiency of Square.  This whole thread of frustrated commenting could also disappear!  Please pass this on to someone that will resolve the issue.  Thanks.

Message 17 of 33

I'm in the same boat.  I don't remember adding multiple locations (i'm in only 1 location) and now I can't switch it back!!!

Message 18 of 33
Beta Member

ok well i never selected a multi location feature but i somehow got one selected for me.  So i need it removed.

I submitted a question regarding help with my online site and i was given a multilocation feature am extremely **bleep**ed off. now what?????????????

Message 19 of 33
Beta Member

I figured out, nevermind.  I get it now so am no longer upset.  The locations will give me the flexibility i need.  Thanks

Message 20 of 33
Square Community Moderator

@brenda00 Glad to hear you were able to get everything figured out. 

Let me know if you need any help going forward 👍🏼

Message 21 of 33