x

Is the Square Appointment app available on android devices?

Is the Square Appointment app available on android devices?

Just got and android device, wondering if square appointment app is compatible with it? Not seeing app I'm store.

Thank you in advance.

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Is the Square Appointment app available on android devices?

Hi everyone - I have some exciting news to share. We are now recruiting sellers for an early access Android app

Read more at Devon's post linked above.

159 Comments

I would be very interested in the Android beta test as well, if possible! Unfortunately, the lack of an Android app is making me consider switching to another scheduling platform.

Hi. Thanks for that last update. Please add me to the list of those waiting for the Android app.

I just took my salon business off of Shortcuts and onto Square Appointments over the weekend. Now working on adjusting our business processes to align with the capabilities of Appointments.

What's the right way to get a line into the product roadmap and feature set for Appointments?

/mjp

I am very much interested in this feature as my business continues to expand. I'm a Androidian so when the beta rolls out please send details. 

Thank you.

I just wanted to let square know, that im a big square fan.  I have around 20 barbers, every single one can check there transaction on there Sqaure POS app, they love the new square register. They receive more tips because its so fast and efficient and the front display is so professional. We even switched over from Resurva.com to square appointments cause i love square so much. But cmon, you gotta have android appointment APP.  The iPhone square appoinement is the best thing ever made. They can check out their customer, look at transactions, edit appointmnets, call or text people from the appoinement info. Its absoulutly the best I think for the barber industry. BUT PLEASE MAKE ANDROID APPOINEMNT APP.

www.dapperbarber.co

www.dapperbarber.co/book

8 pages on this thread requesting an app for Android!  C'mon guys get on the ball please!  Square is a big company don't tell me y'all can't come up with something faster than this .. years..seriously? 

Alumni

Hi @Dapperbarberco & @txgroomer - Thanks for that valuable feedback. As @Devon mentioned, we hear you about Android! We'll definitely keep you updated as this addition will be super useful for you. We greatly appreciate your patience too!

So no update on the square appointment app for Android yet? And yet I see it was requested over a year ago in the first place...im not understanding how you can make the POS system work for both androids and ipad/phones but you can't make the appointment app??? Well you could at least made it possible to check out the appointments from a computer as well....also can you make a multiple service buy, like a buy 2 get 2 free a possibility?

@TranquilKneads, they gave us an update a month or two ago (I know, it's kind of buried in this avalanche of a thread) to say that they've created a team to build an Android version of the app. So yeah, it's pretty bad in my view that they've taken over a year to get around to it, but at least we know now that work on an Android app has actually begun. No ETA though.

LOL well that could be like the government.  They say" they are working on it".. but are they really ever?  

Thank you for the update but really my bf is a programmer and it really shouldn't have taken over a year to do. The program is already our there. As a fact Vargaro or something like that has the very program for Android, so no real reason to make us wait this long. I could see if they were writing the program from scratch, but they aren't,  yes it's a different language from iPad but it's still already there, and again, other companies have already written it for Android, so it just improving it or changing it to fit square,  that's the app industry, who makes it better and more worth while and at this point, square better make it amazing it they will lose alot of people. I myself like square, I just don't like my business being effected by the lack of product promise.