x

Custom booking questions and fields?

Custom booking questions and fields?

I'm a bit surprised this doesn't seem to be possible. I just started a small tutoring/academic coaching business and I need to know whether the students are over 18 or not. Ultimately, it's a bit of an honor system thing, but not being able to ask for a parent's name is going to cause problems over the long term for things like processing credit cards and just knowing if the person that I'm scheduling is even legally allowed to enter into a contract or use a credit card.

3 Verified Answers
Tom
Verified Answer

Re: How to add required custom fields for appointments?

Hey @TrinityTreasure, welcome to the seller community and thanks for bringing this up.

I went to check on this and the ability to add customized fields to the booking flow is not available at this time. I can see how this feature would streamline the check-in process for a wide variety of sellers. For now, you may need to verify additional details outside of the app.

We'll circle back with any other developments or solutions as they become available. Please let us know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

EJ_
Verified Answer

Re: Custom booking questions?

Hi @Thomas2

Welcome to the Seller Community!

Custom booking questions or fields when your customers book appointments is definitely one of the more popular feature requests we've seen. 

Our Product Team is currently tracking this, and your personal use case for age limits is one that I haven't seen before, so thanks for sharing your feedback! Hopefully our Product Team can come up with a solution for this in the near future. 

Currently, the best workaround to collect additional information is to request that it be provided in the appointment notes when they book. Here's a screenshot from the customer booking side for reference: 

You can add instructions to indicate if they're 18+, and if not, to provide their parents name in the Service Description field so your clients can see it when they book. Here's another screenshot of the Service Description section: 

Hopefully one of your fellow sellers can chime in with a workaround that they currently use for their business. 

Let me know if you have any other questions 👍🏼

EJ_
Verified Answer

Re: Customize Appointments form

Hi there, and welcome to the Seller Community!

I know it's pretty generic, but there currently isn’t a way to add custom fields to your online booking site, but this is a popular feature request the Appointments team is tracking.

What would be the reasoning behind changing the "How do we say hello?" section? Our Product Team would love to hear the feedback. 

132 Comments

Is there a way to customize the Appointments form that says "How do we say hello?". Particularly, I would like to add custom fields. 

Square Community Moderator

Hi there, and welcome to the Seller Community!

I know it's pretty generic, but there currently isn’t a way to add custom fields to your online booking site, but this is a popular feature request the Appointments team is tracking.

What would be the reasoning behind changing the "How do we say hello?" section? Our Product Team would love to hear the feedback. 

Square Community Moderator

Hi @Thomas2

Welcome to the Seller Community!

Custom booking questions or fields when your customers book appointments is definitely one of the more popular feature requests we've seen. 

Our Product Team is currently tracking this, and your personal use case for age limits is one that I haven't seen before, so thanks for sharing your feedback! Hopefully our Product Team can come up with a solution for this in the near future. 

Currently, the best workaround to collect additional information is to request that it be provided in the appointment notes when they book. Here's a screenshot from the customer booking side for reference: 

You can add instructions to indicate if they're 18+, and if not, to provide their parents name in the Service Description field so your clients can see it when they book. Here's another screenshot of the Service Description section: 

Hopefully one of your fellow sellers can chime in with a workaround that they currently use for their business. 

Let me know if you have any other questions 👍🏼

Is there a way for the client to enter custom information on the Appointment booking form?  I plan on using this for home inspections and would need the client to enter extra information like MLS number and referring agent, etc. 

Square

Hi @elblue. It's great to hear from you in the community! It does look like we helped another seller with a similar request. Check out this thread and let us know if you have any other follow up questions! 

When will Square Appointments offer the option to have custom labeled required information fields when booking an appointment online?

We are an action sports retailer looking to allow customers to book our shop services online. This includes things such as ski/ snowboard boot fitting, ski/snowboard mounting, ski/snowboard tune, and bike service, etc...

Each of these services generally require different information from the customer. As such, we would like to create custom forms that are specific to each service. [The UI would act as followed: customer goes to our online booking form > chooses ski boot fitting service > customer is presented with custom boot fitting service form that they can fill out online > customer books service > we receive all necessary customer info prior to their appointment.]

In addition, some of our services (e.g. ski mounting) require our customers to fill out liability waivers. We would like to be able to have them fill out and sign (via e-signature) the liability form at the time of booking the service online. 

Both of these features will allow us to better serve our customers and help us keep all customer info in one central location. 

Does Square Appointments offer these services? If not, who does?

We are an action sports retailer looking to allow customers to book our shop services online. This includes things such as ski/ snowboard boot fitting, ski/snowboard mounting, ski/snowboard tune, and bike service, etc...

Each of these services generally require different information from the customer. As such, we would like to create custom forms that are specific to each service. [The UI would act as followed: customer goes to our online booking form > chooses ski boot fitting service > customer is presented with custom boot fitting service form that they can fill out online > customer books service > we receive all necessary customer info prior to their appointment.]

In addition, some of our services (e.g. ski mounting) require our customers to fill out liability waivers. We would like to be able to have them fill out and sign (via e-signature) the liability form at the time of booking the service online.

Both of these features will allow us to better serve our customers and help us keep all customer info in one central location.
Hoping this helps clarify the use cases for custom forms/fields! -Thanks!

Hello,

Is there any way to customize the appointment questions? I understand that this is a pre built-in feature, but I think this is a pretty generic and common request. 

For instance, I want to change a few words based on my business needs.

- Staff > Photographer

- Your address > Meeting Point

- Cancellation Policy > Terms & Conditions

Also, I wonder if you could allow the following sections:

- Add additional custom question fields

- Change color and font

- Make address section more international friendly--For now, it only allows to choose one of the U.S. states.

Thanks,

Jason

Admin

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: “Customized Appointment Questions"

Hello and welcome to the Seller Community @hyuk1027! I moved your post here as we are tracking similar Appointments customization feature requests in this thread.

I think your suggestions are great and I'll share them with the Product Team! We'll update this thread in future if it's possible to customize any of the field you mentioned.