x

Verification: If I pay for square payroll with employee and contractor, is it extra for permissions?

I just want to make sure I’m not being charged anything extra than the $25/month+$5/employee/month if I turn on permissions so my employees can clock in/out. It currently is grayed out with free trial and I thought permissions was included since I’ll be paying for for base + employee/contractor. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

I’m not 100% certain but I believe employee management is going to be additional. With payroll they get the ability to clock in and out in Square POS plus all the payroll benefits, but employee management is for permissions etc. 

Message 2 of 5

Thanks for that But, that’s my problem. The employees do not have the ability to clock in/out on their own POS app on their own phone. It seems that I have to login and potentially use their passcode to clock in/out? If that’s the case, this is pointless since I don’t want to control peoples time…I might as well just have them tell them and I enter it online. But, there was supposed to be a way where they can clock in/out themselves and then on my side, I can just click a button for payroll and it’ll just load it in and I can run it.

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

I don't think they can log in on their own phones.  I think it is meant to clock in and out at the register checkout of your store. 

Here is an article about how to enable time clock and assign passcodes. https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5608-start-using-timecards-with-square-payroll

Message 4 of 5
Square

@LIXOKC I apologize for the late response here! 

Unfortunately, permissions are not included with Payroll and instead, come with Employee Management which is a separate $5/employee per month fee. If you are looking to have your employee/contractor clock in/out from their personal mobile device with their own login and password, this will need to be set up under Employee Management. 

If you are looking to have your employee/contractor clock in/out from a shared POS or from their personal mobile device using your login and password, a 4-digit passcode can be generated through Payroll and Employee Management is not required. 

Message 5 of 5