x

Email Marketing Campaign Template Issue

I'm attempting to try out the email marketing campaign feature for the first time. I created my campaign template and within it placed 2 items. However, upon sending the preview, I found that neither of the 2 items can actually be clicked to make a purchase. 

How to correct this? I can't figure out why they aren't live links that take the viewer to my page to complete a purchase, as that is the intent behind adding 'items' to begin with. Does me no good to send this out with dead links.

I appreciate any help with this!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @avaroninc

Which email template were you using?

Marketing campaigns should include clickable links to redeem rewards and claim discounts if that's what you're referring to. If you're not able to interact with them there might be an issue happening that we'll have to look at with you. 

Message 2 of 4

I'm referring to the following area: Marketing > Campaigns > Announce new products or services

Within this template, under the "Design Your Campaign" menu on the right side, there is an option to add an "Item". When doing so, you're able to select from the various items that are already stored/saved in my 'Item Library'.

It would seem the intent & purpose of adding items on this template, is to allow recipients to 'click' on the item and be taken to my store to purchase. This is not happening, however. The resulting item box/image is a dead link that only visibly appears on the email, but does nothing. No interaction is possible.

Thanks...

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hi again @avaroninc, thanks for your reply. You're right that currently you can't directly add an item from your Online Store to your campaign. I definitely see how that would save time.

In the meantime, as a workaround, you can edit the layout of your campaign to include a button with a link to your Online Store. Or you can hyperlink text or the headline to include the link to an Online Store item.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 4