x
Beta Member

Customer didn’t receive coupon code for their reward

Some customers receive text message told them that they have earned a reward for the loyalty program but Square didn’t give them a link or any information to the oupon code.  They know they have rewards but can’t use it.  

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Since about 5 days ago, customer cant retrieve their code to get their 20% discount. Please help

Message 2 of 20
Alumni

Hi @Chrishawaii3619 & @rootsrawjuice - Sorry to hear your customers aren't receiving codes. Can you clarify whether these are codes from marketing emails or loyalty texts/emails?

If you're referring to Loyalty, have you updated to the new program yet? 

I'm looking into this issue and hope to have a response for you both soon. Thanks for your (and your customers') patience!

Message 3 of 20

Hi.. thank you. The ipad says square is up to date. And when I try to look up customers phone numbers, name, and email.. it just states "not found". We use to be able to click a link for the code.. now nothing.

Thanks for looking into it

Jenn

Message 4 of 20
Admin

Hmm you should be able to look up customers by their phone number or their name from the Customers section of the app. Is that where you're seeing that error? 

Can you try force closing the app and turning off your iPad before turning it on again? You might also try deleting and reinstalling the app (but don't do this is you've taken payments in offline mode that haven't been uploaded yet!).

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 5 of 20
Alumni

After looking a bit more, it looks like this flow was changed a bit with the updated Loyalty program.

As I understand it, your customers won't be emailed a reward code any more. A customer checks their status page and then tells the cashier they want to redeem it: "When you visit a merchant, you can redeem your reward by providing the cashier with your name or 10-digit phone number."

See more here

Message 6 of 20
Beta Member

It’s for our loyalty program.  Customer gets $3 off for every $35 spending.   According to Square website, the pending charge will show full price and the discount will apply in two days.  I don’t know if that will cause dispute or not because as a store we can’t see customer’s credit card statement and can’t tell if the discount is applied or not.  What if they pay cash?  How do we give them discount if they pay cash?

Message 7 of 20
Admin

Thanks @Chrishawaii3619. When you apply a reward to a sale your customers card statement may not reflect the discount right away, it depends on their card-issuing bank. If a payment is pending on a customer's statement you can share this Support Center article let them know the discount will be applied. 

If a customer pays cash they'll pay for the discounted amount right there and then.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 8 of 20
Beta Member

@Helen Thank you for the information.  I just found out, in stead of entering coupon code in the “Redem Reward-Use Code” I can enter customer’s phone number to search available rewards, so I can apply the rewards for them.  It will also show up the other available marketing promotional discounts.  I think I know how it works now.  Thank you!

Message 9 of 20
Admin

Sounds good @Chrishawaii3619, thanks so much for your patience. If you have any other questions let us know! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 10 of 20

Has anyone run into this problem since the loyalty update. Stars are not converting to rewards. Worked fine until the update. I can’t even add rewards manually through the register or mobile site. 

Message 11 of 20
Alumni

Hi @GoodHope - I *think* this post should answer your question, but please let me know if Loyalty still isn't working for you. 

You should be able to manually add rewards as long as your app is the most up to date version. I think it's a bit wonky if you haven't done that update. 

Message 12 of 20

Sorry Katie, that is not the problem. I have the most up to date version of the app. My rewards are supposed to be issued at 5 stars. I now have customers with 5 or more stars. Square is not converting these to rewards and there is no way for me to issue rewards manually. I have tried on the desktop website, the mobile site and the app. I have reduced a customers stars to 4 and added a single star to see if it would issue the reward and that doesn't work. All I can do is void coupons that customers have. All of this has started right after Square updated the loyalty program to be able to rename the "stars".

Message 13 of 20

We have the most up to date version with square... but still can not ally the rewards. When I look up customers name or phone number, it states "customer not found". This is on the ipad.. on my phone (galaxy s7) it shuts down the app immediately if I try to look up a customer.  On the actual dash board.. it seems fine but I don't run sales through the computer... what is going on with this loyalty program.. I pay for it and can not use it 😞

Message 14 of 20
Alumni

Hi @rootsrawjuice - Where are you looking for your customers? Have you tried this flow yet?

From the Square app:

1. Tap Customers.
  2. Search for your customer by name or phone number.
Message 15 of 20
Alumni

Hi @GoodHope - Sorry about this! As I mentioned in my post on the previous page, the Loyalty flow has changed. Points/stars are now more like currency and aren't automatically redeemed. I linked to that flow on the previous page. You can manage these things from the "Customers" section of your Dashboard or POS app

Also, have you double checked that your same reward rules are in place? You can now set multiple types of rewards, so it might be worth checking what rules you currently have. Maybe that's what's causing the issue? 

Message 16 of 20

I noticed if you click on their points it takes you to their reward and lets you redeem it even if they haven’t reached the required reward minimum 

for Instance ours is earn One star for every two dollars spent once they earn 100 stars they get a $10 reward. 

When we go to look up a customer and it says they may have 20 points we click on them and it takes us to a $10 reward and it lets us use the reward even if they only have 20 in points. This is very confusing if the sales clerks are not paying attention and just giving people rewards and not checking to see if they actually have that hundred points before clicking the button to redeem the reward

Message 17 of 20
Alumni

Hey @littleprairie - I've merged your post with this thread as Katie's answer above may help clarify why you're having this issue and some steps to resolve.

If you're still running into problems, let us know and we'll help you dig a little deeper.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 18 of 20

We use stars and when it shows they have one reward available.. but when you touch it nothing happens

Message 19 of 20
Admin

@rootsrawjuice Hmm that sounds strange. These app troubleshooting steps typically resolve issues like this (i.e. when the app seems unresponsive). But if you've already been through these steps please do cal our CS team so we can look into this for you further.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 20 of 20