x
Beta Member

Tax Rules Not Being Applied Correctly

Hello,

I must be missing something. I've created a tax rule that should remove tax from certain items when the To-Go dining option is selected, but in use tax on To-Go orders is being removed from the whole ticket/cart. It seems so simple and straight forward so I have no idea what I am missing. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Sorry for the frustration @pvoc3000 — I hope you're not pulling your hair out! 

You're right, when using dining options you can create a tax rule that that removes tax from a single item, and not the entire order. This Support Center article has some tips for using tax rules.

It's also really important to use the most up-to-date version of the Point of Sale app to make sure rules you've created on the Dashboard sync with the app. The most recent version is 4.67 (for iOS and Android).

If you've updated the app and the tax still isn't applying correctly, please reach out to our Support team directly too so that someone can review your settings and escalate this to our engineers if needed.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Best Answer

Sorry for the frustration @pvoc3000 — I hope you're not pulling your hair out! 

You're right, when using dining options you can create a tax rule that that removes tax from a single item, and not the entire order. This Support Center article has some tips for using tax rules.

It's also really important to use the most up-to-date version of the Point of Sale app to make sure rules you've created on the Dashboard sync with the app. The most recent version is 4.67 (for iOS and Android).

If you've updated the app and the tax still isn't applying correctly, please reach out to our Support team directly too so that someone can review your settings and escalate this to our engineers if needed.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Thank you for your response. I actually spoke with tech support on Friday, and they advised me to update the app. It solved the problem and everything is working as it should. 🙂

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Thanks for letting me know @pvoc3000, really glad to hear that! 😀

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 4 of 4