x

Can I add the referral link after I already signed up?

I already signed up but I forgot to add my referral link I received for free processing. Can I fix this now that it is after the fact or do I need to make an entire new account?

Message 1 of 18
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hello @melodyriddell90! Welcome to the Seller Community. 😀

Our Support Team can help with this. Reach out to them directly with the referral link and your friends email address. They will make sure to apply it to both accounts! 

Please let me know if you still need help! 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Best Answer

Hello @melodyriddell90! Welcome to the Seller Community. 😀

Our Support Team can help with this. Reach out to them directly with the referral link and your friends email address. They will make sure to apply it to both accounts! 

Please let me know if you still need help! 

Message 2 of 18

I had a friend use my referral link to set up a square account, but it never notified me that she did and doesn't give me any information on the free processing. What do I do?

Message 3 of 18
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @MelR 👋 Welcome to the Seller Community! Thanks for joining us here - and thanks for referring a friend! Hopefully, Square can be a big help to the both of you as you look to grow your business.

I've gone ahead and merged your post with a thread of Sellers who were also asking similar questions in regard using referrals! I recommend this Best Answer from Chad! Our Support Team will be able to take a deeper dive into this for you.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 18

The title of this thread was updated from its original title: “Referral Link”.

Signed up and forgot to use my friends referral link. Is it too late to somehow add it now so that I can avoid these transaction fees?

Message 5 of 18

I signed up using a referral link. Yet u was charged a fee with receiving my first payment. Does the referral promotion not apply to invoices sent? 

Message 6 of 18
Super Seller

the fee will be charged at the time of the transaction but will be credited to your account on deposit.

Message 7 of 18

Yeah it wasn’t adjusted during bank deposit. Guess I won’t be using this system anymore. 

Message 8 of 18
Super Seller

check this page to make sure you are registered for the $1,000 in transactions free processing.  

https://squareup.com/dashboard/account/referrals . It will show your active referrals.

If not give customer support an email or call.  tens of thousands of people have signed up and used the referral to get the $27.50 worth of fees waived.

https://squareup.com/help/contact

Message 9 of 18

I want to use a friend's referral link to save on  processing fees, how do I do that?

Message 10 of 18
Super Seller

You were to have signed up by clicking on the link that your friend had, there isn't a code to type in during the process.  there isn't anything you can change now yourself, but you can contact customer support and see if they can get your accounts liked for the offer.  https://squareup.com/help/contact

Message 11 of 18

I forgot to use the referral link to setup my account. How do I fix it? 

Message 12 of 18
Alumni

Hi @BadMammajamma - Congrats on your free processing! You should be able to call our CS team to have the free processing added to your account. You'll need your customer code for this. 

Message 13 of 18

I signed up but didn’t use my referral for the 1000$ fee, can I still get it?

Message 14 of 18
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @804. This is a great question! Thanks so much for reaching out.

I went ahead and moved your post to a thread of other Sellers who reached out with the same inquiry. 

This is definitely something our Support Team can assist with! When you get a chance, we would recommend reaching out to them. They will collect some info from you and make sure you get your referral processing credit.

Let me know if you have any questions! We are here to assist. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 15 of 18

A friend told me about the referral program after I signed up for an account. Is there a way for me to use her referral code? 

Message 16 of 18
Admin

Hey @Louelli-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

Because you've already signed up without using the referral link, that would be something our Support Team would have to look into. Please give them a call when you get a chance, and explain the situation.

I moved your question over to this thread, as other sellers have been in the same situation. Welcome to Square and thanks again for posting! 😀

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 17 of 18

You can create a new account using a referral link to get the discounts.  Just make a new email (Gmail, yahoo, etc.). 

This referral link helps out Girl Scout Troop 1846 in North Carolina. 

https://squareup.com/i/E1F48ED7CD

Message 18 of 18