x
Beta Member

How do I print Payroll checks?

i just ran my first payroll last week. when i tried to print my employee checks there is no account number or my company name in upeer left hand corner. am i missing something?

Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

You need to buy actual checks that have all your information on them already. You can’t print account and routing numbers as those are special magnetic ink. 

We buy ours from Walmart or sam’s Club, but there are literally 100s of services that print checks. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Super Seller

Best Answer

You need to buy actual checks that have all your information on them already. You can’t print account and routing numbers as those are special magnetic ink. 

We buy ours from Walmart or sam’s Club, but there are literally 100s of services that print checks. 

Message 2 of 9

**Post edited by moderator to show title of thread in post**

Where can I find checks to print my own payroll?

Sf

Message 3 of 9
Super Seller

Message 4 of 9

The recommended check stock doesn't fit the Square payroll check format. The checks I print from Square do not have 2 vouchers on the bottom, they have 1 large voucher.

Message 5 of 9

When I go to print an employees check, there is nowhere designated for my signature and my company name is not on the check. How do I add this?

Message 6 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @Lemonandlei

I moved your post to a thread with more info on getting the business information on your checks. 

Check out the Best Answer by @VanKalkerFarms

Thank you! 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 9

Hello, 

I ordered the DLT104 checks from Staples to print employee paychecks.  The template is off. Is there a way I can change it? For example, the name of the person whom the check is addressed to isn't no where near "pay to the order of" 

Message 8 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @soul101

Welcome to the Community!

Double check the printer settings when you're looking to print those paychecks. 

Any alignment issues are usually caused there. Give these a try. 

• 'Scale 100%', instead of 'Scale to fit'
  • Border settings
  • Check stock type

Please let me know if you have any other questions or if this doesn't do the trick. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 9