x

How do I track employee sales?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Can I have a user ID requirement per transaction?]

Hello.

I would like to require a user ID to be entered for each transaction so I can track who took the money for each transaction (multiple cashiers - one station).

It is like a copier code. You go to the copier but before you can make a copy you have to enter a 4 digit ID.

Can I do that with Teams?

Can I do that at all?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 269
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @chlp!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

Yes, with Team Management Plus you can track employee sales. They will type in a 4-digit code when taking a sale, so that payment will then be associated with their name. Then you can run reports based on employee, and when you're viewing transactions, you'll be able to see which employee took the sale. 

Here is a bit more information on Team Management Plus and how to subscribe. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 238 of 269
268 REPLIES 268

the tracking number has been on the same "TENDERED TO DELIVERY SERVICE PROVIDER" for a few days now. It was expected to be receieved 2 days ago. Does anyone know how to reach Square to get this resolved? 

Message 190 of 269

Same thing is happening to me. 

Message 191 of 269
Square Community Moderator

Hi @cynthiacaraveo and @valerieh328

Thanks for posting! 

We use DHL to deliver to your local Post Office, and the Post Office will then deliver to your mailbox. 

However, we can only track the readers up to the deliver to the post office, so when your tracking status reflects "Tendered to Delivery Service", that indicates it's in your Post Offices hands. 

In general, readers should be delivered to you within 10 days total, but can take a day or two longer depending on your specific location and Post Office. 

If you haven't received your reader within that time frame, give our CS Team a call and they can help out further. 

Message 192 of 269

I paid for my card reader in October 2020 and have not received it even after receiving a notice that the order was received and place.  I have read many inquiries that states that it could take up to 10 business days but that time has past.  Please advice

Message 193 of 269

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How long does it take to receive a magstripe?

How long does it take to receive as a new member a plugin magstrip card reader?

Message 194 of 269
Super Seller

Message 195 of 269

Hi! I just signed up for a brand new account and was prompted on the website to specify whether I wanted to pick up my reader or have it mailed to me. Then I was redirected to a site to find the nearest store to pick one up. There was an error so I returned to the squaredup site to finish setting up my account but I didn’t get a chance to change my response to the question “how do I want to receive my reader”. Obviously I need it mailed to me. Will it automatically be mailed to me? Or do I need to add one to my cart and purchase one?

Message 196 of 269
Alumni

Hey @karenroy015 - You would just need to order within your Square Dashboard or within our online shop.

If you order through the Square Online Shop, just make sure you sign in at check out and the discount for your free first reader should be applied automatically.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 197 of 269

How do I get my free reader we used to be able to get them free like water at McDonald's, I am a brand new user? 

Message 198 of 269
Alumni

Hi @Taylor3 - Your first Magstripe reader is free as long as you have never opened a Square account in the past and never ordered a reader using those Square accounts. If this is your very first Square account, you'll just need to make sure you are signed in while ordering a reader and the promo code will be automatically applied once you finish checking out. Any additional readers will be $10.

Puka - She/They
Message 199 of 269

I just opened an account and it’s wanting to charge me $10 for the reader I never had one before? I need the lightning one?

Message 200 of 269
Alumni

Hey @Thomas88 - As long as you're signed in while shopping, the promo code should apply itself once you've finished checking out. If you're still getting charged, reach out to our CS team directly and they should be able to help you get sorted out.

Puka - She/They
Message 201 of 269

I am signed up for Square, including Bank Account information.  How do I receive my free Square Reader?

Message 202 of 269
Admin

Hey there @3MILECREE1! Were you able to take a look at @ Helen's link below that shows the steps to order a free reader?

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 203 of 269

Please send

Message 204 of 269
Alumni

Hi there @Oscarproduce! if you are having a continued difficulties attempting to place an order for your first free reader, please reach out to our Customer Success team directly so we can give you a hand here.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 205 of 269

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How to get the Free Square reader?

I signed up to square because I was promised a free Square reader in a Facebook Ad. After completing all the steps and verifying my personal Information, I cannot seem to be able to redeem the offer. This leaves me with a sour taste since now, every time I click the offer link it just redirects me to the home page of my account.

Message 206 of 269
Admin

@Vnews I'm very sorry for the frustration this has caused. Can you try one more time and follow the steps from this thread? When you go to the online Square Shop, select a magstripe reader and then  sign in at check out (don't check out as guest). Once you sign in the discount should be applied right away.

If you have any trouble at all go ahead and call our CS team so we can help! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 207 of 269

I followed all the directions from the community and the site and still was charged $10 for the reader. I linked my bank account and my Etsy shop, but no free reader. What did I do wrong?

Message 208 of 269
Alumni

@Anna7271 

Yikes - sorry to hear this. Your first reader should definitely be free. Try this way: http://squ.re/readerrequest > "Send me a reader" > Select Connectivity > complete checkout process. 

If you're still having issue, give Support a holler during biz hours so they can help you out!

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 209 of 269

This reply was created from merging an existing thread

How to get free square reader?

Message 210 of 269