x

The square i have been using will not fit new my phone

I have been using a square chipreader for a few years on my iPhone 4s with a lifeproof case and an adapter.  

I just got an iphone 6s and both the adapter and the square itself are too big to fit the new phone.  Is there another adapter I need?

Thanks

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square

@drenn007 -  Happy to help out here. Are you using a case with your new iPhone? The headphone jack in the 4S and the 6S are exactly the same. 🤔  Would you mind sharing what sort of adapter you're using? 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 9

I t  does not fit into iPhone seven either and I don't see anything about additional hardware besides the Square. I don't know what kind of adapter,if there is one, to use

Message 3 of 9
Super Seller

The iPhone 7 and iPhone 7plus both removed the headphone jack.  But luckily the iPhones came with an adapter in the box to support legacy hardware.  So you have everything you need, your old square, and the iPhone lightning to headphone adapter, and the iPhone 7 with lightning port only.

Message 4 of 9

I have an iPhone 7 and from I read here, it has an adapter for the Square?  I need to find the equipment that came with the phone and try to make it work!  If I can't find the orginal purchase equipment, can it be purchased from my phone carrier?  T-Mobile?

Message 5 of 9
Super Seller

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MMX62AM/A/lightning-to-35-mm-headphone-jack-adapter?fnode=97

@sherideloach17 Any store may have one like a Best Buy, Walmart, maybe a phone store. It is a lightning to 3.5mm headphone adapter. Usually around $9, but included with your new iPhone. 

Message 6 of 9
Alumni

Hey @Liza1! To add to VanKalkerFarms' suggestion, we also have our own adapter available for the Magstripe and Chip readers. Or you have the option to upgrade to the Contactless reader which connects via Bluetooth and will accept Apple/Android Pay.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 7 of 9
Super Seller

Message 8 of 9
Alumni

@VanKalkerFarms - It was released last month! 🙂

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 9 of 9