x

Loyalty: adding customer manually

Is there a way to manually add a customer to the loyalty program?  Sometimes the Square app crashes and pops a customer out before they are able to enter the information, or they change their mind after hitting "no thanks"

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

Message 2 of 6

I don't think so.  There isn't anything on that page that says anything about allowing you to manually add a whole customer, not just adjust stars.  I found this wording:

Enrolled in Loyalty: Customers are enrolled in your loyalty program by entering their phone number after an eligible purchase

I want to add them without the purchase because they missed the screen or hit New Sale instead or whatever and the chance is over and done with.   I don't think I can do that, and wish we could.

Message 3 of 6
Alumni

@Twistedhornmead

The section on "Manually Adjust a Customer's Loyalty Status" provides instructions on how to edit a customers status. To do so for a new customer, you should create the customer first via the Customer Applet in the POS with their name and phone number. Once you add the customer, you'll see the ability to edit the customer's loyalty status. You can use this method to retroactively apply stars to any customers who accidentally forgot to input their phone number at the end of the sale. 

Message 4 of 6

I'll give it a try next time, and if I get stuck I'll come back here.  Thank you!!

Message 5 of 6
Super Seller

Hey 5 years later and this tip SAVED me!  Thanks! So excited to know how to do this now.  

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 6 of 6