x

Feature Request: Create packages including multiple services via Square Appointments

Feature Request: Create packages including multiple services via Square Appointments

The title of this post has been edited from the original: How to schedule multi packs with Square Appointments?

Hoping to find some help here.  We offer a service that clients can pay for and book appointments online. Great. The problem is that there are discounted packages if multiple treatments are purchased at one time, if this option is chosen, the client is only able to schedule one appointment as opposed to multiple separate appointments for each of the treatments they purchase.  Is there a way to make this work? Thanks in advance. 

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Create Recurring Invoices in the Square App

Hello @coriumesthetics!

As a workaround you could use recurrning invoices with Square Appointments for a package, and view the number of invoices remaining in the series. However, you can't images to a recurring invoice series, I'm sorry!

Another workaround is to create a single service for package deals you offer but you'd need to track the number of sessions completed manually. You could ask customers to contact you directly for packages, and then schedule each session in the package deal as a separate appointment to ensure clients are charged for each session.

I'm adding your post to this thread where other sellers are interested in using Appointments to create and manage packages. We'll update the status to give you a heads up about any developments on this feature request.

As for your question about marketing by text - you might like to subscribe to this separate thread for updates! 

Verified Answer

Re: How to schedule multi packs in appointments

Yep! While we don't have a way to automatically apply discounts when customers book more than one service, you can create bundles as individual services. For example if you are a personal trainer, you can list 5 sessions at the discounted price as one appointment. 

When your customer comes in for their first appointment, you then can manually book their next, or all upcoming, appointments through your Appointments Dashboard. In your client information section of Dashboard you have the ability to add notes and view past appointments so you can keep track of their remaining appointments even if the schedule one at a time! 

233 Comments
Admin

Hello and welcome @ahale1011! With Square Appointments your clients can only book one service at a time. After a client books their first service they'll see the option to 'Book another' from the confirmation screen. You can also require clients to pay for a service in full at the time of booking.

I think Square Appointments is what you're looking for but alternatively, you could use Appointments to schedule your clients and set up recurring Invoices to charge your customers according to an agreed schedule.  

Let me know if you have any other questions about Appointments or Square in general. Happy to help! 

@MoveRevolution@@What current software do you use? This is EXACTLY what I need for my spray tan biz. I sell packages more than single sessions tans and I am currentlyracking by hand as well since square doesn't offer such a feature. 

@Glowskin@@joeyjaaii i found that acuity scheduling works with square and offers membership & packages that deducts for each service when used. It's interface needs some work BUT it has what we need .. And I was able to create intake forms 

Still unsure if I will use this new appt  service... Their only $25/mo too

https://www.acuityscheduling.com

I used vagaro. It’s “OK” and I pay $45 a month. I’ve tried maybe ten and this was the best. Well no square was the best but I can’t use it. My clients n Ed a lot in to book and see their history and to access their ore paid packages

@joeyjaaii with memberships in Vagaro, are you able to set an expiration date on the memberships from the date of purchase? I tried to get an answer from Vagaro but am still waiting for their response.

Hi,

I've just come to Square Appointments from Schedulicity, and am really missing their Appointment Package feature, where a client buys a bulk pack of sessions, and their usage can be decremented at checkout for each session they use. 

Currently, I'm attempting to create the functionality using eGift cards and attaching them to each client's account, but it's a clunky workaround, requiring issuing a dollar-value eGift card, and then choosing the proper discount to apply at checkout to have the session price reflect the bulk-purchase session price. Having the option of choosing the eGift (and plastic Gift cards) to use an item-based value, in addition to a dollar-based value, would go a long way towards this.

The customer loyalty program was another option I was exploring to enable this functionality, as well.

In a perfect world, I would want these features:

• Choose to sell a multi-pack of sessions at checkout (already set up in Items)
  • Attach sessions to customer profile
  • Auto-decrement package at checkout (cashier chooses "use package" for payment)
  • Able to share packages among couples/family members.
  • Track each session decremented from package
  • Notification of how many sessions remaining in package at checkout, and alert when last session used.
  • Year-end invoicing with per-session value used

It seems, based on the eGift and customer loyalty cards, that the all or most of the functions are already in place and are only looking for a convenient interface.

Is this doable?

Erik

Admin

Hi @eriktaylorlmt, welcome to the seller community and thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Appreciate you posting your workaround as well.

I can't speak to a timeline for all of the features that you've laid out here but I will be sharing your post with our Appointments Team—and I'll be highlighting the opportunities where these tasks could be streamlined. We are constantly iterating based on sellers' business needs.

We'll circle back with any developments or insight that may help simplify. Please keep in touch and don't hesitate to let us know if anything else comes up.

Can you at least suggest an app that does? To pay an additional fee for Vargo seems pointless. I agree with all of the above being said. Clearly there is a market for this feature(s) with companies such as Vargo and Mind Body....but I don't feel anyone truly likes them (custormer care/fees/over complicated systems). Could you actually give a projected date on when this might be offered as a feature(s)?

Can you at least suggest an app that does? to pay an additional fee for Vargo seems pointless. I agree with all of the above being said. Clearly this is a market for this with companies such as them and Mind Body....but I don't feel anyone truly likes them. Could you actually give a projected date on when this might be offered as a feature. 

Admin

Hey @Kfit, thanks for checking in. I searched for any updates or alternatives that we could offer, but there isn't anything that I could access and share out at this time. I've let the team know that this feature is vital for your business. Very sorry for the frustration—we will be back with any other insight as soon as it's available.