x
Beta Member

2-Factor Authentication Issues with team

We set up 2-factor authentication yesterday for our boutique. Immediately my phone received every 2-factor auth code for each login attempt. I knew this wasn't going to be sustainable for our growing team and be a bottleneck. So I changed their permissions so they could login themselves under their own email and thus manage their own authentication codes and all that.

Well last night they all got all of our reporting emails with daily sales, bank account info, deposits, etc. Just everything we normally get. 

This is not going to be okay going forward. 

I asked support and they said no matter what, if the employee has access to reporting they will get reporting emails. 

I changed the permissions so they don't have all access, but each employee does still need the same level of access on the square apps. So now I'm worried that they'll be getting reporting emails still. Or else I'll have to remove 2-factor.

Is there a workaround for them to manage their own 2-factor, have all the access they need, and NOT get all the emails from square?

We need to be able to protect our account - and also i can't sit by my phone sending auth codes for each employee that logs in on a new device every week.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hello @judithandjoe

I am sorry for this inconvenience. As long as you disable reporting for your employees they should no longer receive these emails. If that isn't the case then, please let me know so I can investigate this further.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2