x

Anyone having problems using the square app saying it is requiring an update? I

When I am trying to create customers or taking payments, the app will not let me perform any functions. It stops when the hit “save” and says: App requires update. I click okay and head to the App Store and click on updates. THERE IS NO UPDATE FOUND. I cannot do an update if it does not show one. So now I am stuck and cannot accept payment, create customers, or invoice customers. How is this resolved. SUPER FRUSTRATED!!!

Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

You can try multiple things.

Restart your device.

delete and reinstall the Square POS app (all settings . and items are saved in the cloud so you won't lose anything)

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Super Seller

Best Answer

You can try multiple things.

Restart your device.

delete and reinstall the Square POS app (all settings . and items are saved in the cloud so you won't lose anything)

Message 2 of 9

Tried re-starting. Was hesitant on deleting. Will my open invoices be deleted? 

Message 3 of 9
Super Seller

open invoices or open tickets in Square POS?  Invoices will be fine, and I don't see why open tickets would delete as you can bring a new iPad on and it finds them.  But just to make sure @Russell or @Kpay will open tickets survive an app deletion?

Message 4 of 9
Alumni

Hey ya'll! Sorry for the delay in response here. @VanKalkerFarms is right in that Invoices shouldn't be deleted if you're uninstalling the app and I don't believe Open Tickets should be affected either since you can sync it across devices. Hope that helps clear things up!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 5 of 9

I am having the same problem. Deleted app & reinstalled. Nothing changed, still says I need to update?? 

Message 6 of 9
Square Community Moderator

@coastlady17 @RedcarpetMoving Have you made sure your device operating system is up to date as well?

You shouldn't be prompted to update the app that often, and once you reinstall the app itself it should take care of the need to update. 

Was this still happening? 

Message 7 of 9

Thank you much for your information.  Tomorrow my tech guy will be here and I will show him what you said and he can check for me.  Lets hope this works since Thursday is going to be huge and we will have three pads working!!  Thanks again!

Message 8 of 9

At least twice a day and sometime way more often we have to shut it all down and start it up for the credit card to work and for it to print.  Next week we have a huge deal going on and this is going to really  slow us down and tick off our customers,  NOT HAPPY!  Needs to be fixed!!

Message 9 of 9