x

Audit/Activity logs for hardware changes made by user

Is there a way to track events when a user goes into the Hardware/Settings to make changes to a printer, print test receipts, test cash drawers?  We noticed that configuration changes has been made to our hardware and want to track down the user.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Hi @Hazehookahcafe.  There is no audit log, etc, for these sorts of changes.  So unfortunately what has happened in the past can’t be checked on. However, you can restrict settings changes like this by assigning your employees Team Permissions that don’t allow “Account & Settings” changes at all, or that limit the changes that they can make without a manager/owner override code.  Lock this down and employees will not be able to change things in the future without someone higher up knowing about and approving those changes.

Regards,

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 2