x

Barcode tag display

So, I'm printing barcode labels to be able to scan items at check out for my retail store.  The display on the tag doesn't show the full product description info (color of a tee etc.).  Is there a way to adjust what is printed so it shows the whole item description?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

welcome to the wonderful world of square barcodes

this is a feature that isn't exactly robust.

A lot of what you want to print is going to depend upon what size label you are printing on.

We typically cannot print more than item name. We name items in such a way so that which we want to print on the label is FIRST

So for us it would look like this:

Rose Qtz .54kg

I know this isn't ideal but you need to get creative with abbreviations

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

@TheBlock1717 ;

Square Label creation has been an issue for adding text or label sizes for years. So the easiest way is being creative like @DLRosenberg has described. The other way would be to use your barcode label printer out of Square.  Use another computer to design and print your barcodes with your Label Printers software or a label template for a word processing program.  I have label printers and currently use my Label printers software to make my own labels. 

Benefits of this:

1.  More control of what is printed.  Think Fonts or text.
  2. I can put Sales Prices on older stock or NEW ITEM for example.
  3. More Label sizes. Square does not support Bar Bell or Jewelry size labels, which I print barcodes on.
  4. Custom Labels.  My Custom labels have My website, address, phone Number and company name in colors already pre-printed with an area to print my Barcode and Scent of my candle.
  5. Custom Barcodes. Multiple Barcodes even.  I use 2D square barcodes so all my Barcodes are the same size roughly to ring up items. Also if I wanted to I could put a QR code on the label to take the customer to the website to order more.  Another benefit of 2D barcodes is my SKU is upto 30 characters long, and can fit in a 3/8 inch square.  1D barcodes get longer the more character you add.

Depending on which Label printer you have or their software, you could export your Square catalog to csv file, then have the Label printers software pull the data from there.  I know Dymos software can do that for free.  The label printers I use can do this if I buy their Premium software for $300.  Right now I hand type my Labels as I want Copy (Ctrl +C) the barcode and the Ctrl +V Paste it into the Free Label software then save the barcode in an organized Folder system to be able to quickly open the previously created label to print in the future.  I even Created some for Templates to just adjust name of Item and the Barcode text, this saves time when I get new items that I need to print Barcodes for.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 3 of 3