x

Can't activate Square Card

I can't either. Same exact thing is happening to me. Have you received your card reader yet? I'm still waiting for mine. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Tamarah201!

Our engineers are aware of this issue and they're working on a fix. 

Thank you for your patience with us as we work through it. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 11

Word. Second one too- still isn’t working. They just hang up on me when I call CS. Tragic. Tried changing my email to see if that works. We will see . Doubtful . 

Message 3 of 11

I simply bought a reader in Walmart. 

Message 4 of 11
Admin

@Tamarah201 and @MEX

Our engineers have released a fix for Square Card Activation. Please try to reactivate your cards from your Dashboard, and let us know if you are still experiencing issues. 

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 5 of 11

This is now December. I read where there are problems.with activating the Square Card. I have tries numerous times to activate using my email nothing..

I also tried changing m PNC bank acct to another bank and I nees my password, which doesnt work..so I went in and changed my password.. still doesnt work, so before I use Square for sales..fix it!! Luckily I only have $27.00 on it instead of hundreds. 

Message 6 of 11
Alumni

Hey @vmsgirl71 - Sorry to hear your troubles activating the Square Card. I'd reached out directly to Support about this, as they have proper insight into your account details to see what's up. They'll be able to walk through troubleshooting and escalate your case further if necessary.

I hope it works out! 

Justin
Message 7 of 11

Thanks. I was tryingnto find someone in support and it kept bringing me here or trouble.shooting lists which do not cover this issue. 

I appreciate it. 

B

Message 8 of 11
Alumni

Got it - were you able to reach a Support Advocate? Just want to make sure you're taken care of. 

@vmsgirl71

Justin
Message 9 of 11

or they put you on hold for an hour then hang up 

Message 10 of 11

I am trying to activate my square card, but keep getting the following error message when I enter the confirmation code. "

Confirmation code has expired. Please click “Resend email” below."

I have clicked on resend confirmation code 10 times and get the same error message. 
Message 11 of 11